Report: Thousands Of Suspects In Baltimore Arrests Required Medical Attention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No comments at all?
Sure. Since when is a chronic medical condition (hypertension) an injury, and how would the jailers know about it? Do they use sphygmomanometers on intake?

Ok, so those are more questions than comments, and I suppose I should apologize for using big words, but I like the word "sphygmomanometer."

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anybody think they wouldn't be?
Did the paid protesters ever get their checks?

I think there will be some interesting comparisons to come out of this looking at the difference between the Ferguson and Baltimore Grand Jury processes.

I forget the numbers, but aren't grand juries less likely to indict when police officers are involved when compared against the rest of the cases presented?

Now, i know someone will quickly jump in with how this is just an overzealous prosecutor with a racial biased agenda, and that could very well be true. BUT, it also could have been her easy out.

And anyway, isn't this the thread where people talk about how, regardless of guilt or innocence, we should be fine letting the court system sort it out?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think there will be some interesting comparisons to come out of this looking at the difference between the Ferguson and Baltimore Grand Jury processes.

At a typical grand jury the DA will not present exculpatory evidence such as what was done in Ferguson. In context, the overwhelming evidence was that Michael Brown played his Darwin Card.

I forget the numbers, but aren't grand juries less likely to indict when police officers are involved when compared against the rest of the cases presented?

In most zip codes that is true. It’s a factor of human nature in how people view LEOs as the “good guys” and no one wants to think that an LEO committed a crime. But every zip code is different getting an indictment in Baltimore is not a high bar to pass.

Now, i know someone will quickly jump in with how this is just an overzealous prosecutor with a racial biased agenda, and that could very well be true. BUT, it also could have been her easy out.

I think you are right on both points. She has shown exceptional bias and over charging the officers was her easy way out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom