Report: Thousands Of Suspects In Baltimore Arrests Required Medical Attention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any recent cases showing this alleged preferred treatment where the average joe was arrested but then released? I honestly looked and can't find one. Even Zimmerman walked away the day if the shooting...

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the situation.. if the physical evidence warrants it then yes. Same as for your average joe.
I've been on scene at several self defense homocides, only one involved a gun. But nobody got booked till the facts were in.
I honestly can't think of any recent cases in Oklahoma where they had to let someone out of jail after a self defense shooting.
The pharmacist got arrested later, was released at the scene.
There were a couple of others just can't recall exact details, but they claimed self defense and weren't booked. Can't say if they talked or lawyered up

Good info. Thanks!

We get a lot of folks that say if you shoot someone, your going to jail until your proven innocent.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the Maryland stuff was a proposed statute that hadn't passed? The people in Maryland should be chatting with thier reps at the state level to prevent or repeal that crap

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the Maryland stuff was a proposed statute that hadn't passed? The people in Maryland should be chatting with thier reps at the state level to prevent or repeal that crap

See my thread at https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?214302-Cops-We-Need-Rights-More-Than-You-Citizen

It was enacted into law five years ago. See http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/public-safety/title-3/subtitle-1/3-104/
2010 Maryland Code
PUBLIC SAFETY
TITLE 3 - LAW ENFORCEMENT
Subtitle 1 - Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights
Section 3-104 - Investigation or interrogation of law enforcement officer.

You might also note the special 90-day statute of limitations (what is the statute of limitations for battery for us mere mortals?), the drastic limitation on who is allowed to report the incident, the limitations on how the interrogation may be conducted ("good cop/bad cop" techniques are right out, among other things), a complete prohibition on the use of any sort of threat of punishment, etc.

I swear, it practically screams out for a good Fourteenth Amendment equal protection lawsuit.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How does the fact that the statistics are largely generated by the specimens being investigated color the analysis?

One would have to be south of immature to let a few bad cops color the actions of all cops … or really bad with basic math to the point of never even been in the zip code of a school that teaches statistics.

Do you think that might just tend to reduce the apparent rate of malfeasance? Moreover, even if the investigation is conducted impartially, do you think the special privileges extended (like, say, a ten-day wait before questioning, and the right to review all evidence before questioning--rights that are not extended to us mere mortals) might tend to reduce the apparent rate? Or do you not think critically about claims made and data proffered (regardless of the source)?

I would assume that you would like to seek the truth as to why this waiting period is done. If so, you might try some research. Note part regarding "alternatives".

http://leb.fbi.gov/2013/september/c...-police-officers-after-use-of-force-incidents

BTW … Can you explain what you meant by the “apparent rate of malfeasance” is in real (not “apparent”) terms?

Or do you not think critically about claims made and data proffered (regardless of the source)?

One should look at any “claim” with an open mind to evaluate the facts. If one has proof that this is not being done … proof that is credible and can be validated … then that should be brought to point via a fact based analysis. On he flip side, sans fact generalizations and shrill assumptions without performing due diligence in research is not demonstrating “critical thinking” much less “clear thinking” … well, unless one is simply bellied up at the bar at Hudson’s Pub. There one can simply argue what they find "apparent".

You seem to be emotionally tied to this. Care to unpack why?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How come we have not heard any reports from the states Attorney General about the 400 and some people that were arrested during the riots.

What have they been charged with? (hint, it takes an intern 10 seconds to pull this up from a computer)

A Freedom of Information act request came back with a statement that said the information would be forthcoming. No date given.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See my thread at https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?214302-Cops-We-Need-Rights-More-Than-You-Citizen

It was enacted into law five years ago. See http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/public-safety/title-3/subtitle-1/3-104/
2010 Maryland Code
PUBLIC SAFETY
TITLE 3 - LAW ENFORCEMENT
Subtitle 1 - Law Enforcement Officers' Bill of Rights
Section 3-104 - Investigation or interrogation of law enforcement officer.

You might also note the special 90-day statute of limitations (what is the statute of limitations for battery for us mere mortals?), the drastic limitation on who is allowed to report the incident, the limitations on how the interrogation may be conducted ("good cop/bad cop" techniques are right out, among other things), a complete prohibition on the use of any sort of threat of punishment, etc.

I swear, it practically screams out for a good Fourteenth Amendment equal protection lawsuit.
i recall tge thread.. thought it was a proposed statute. I miss read that. Wow,
Quiet frankly I don't know what to say......

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How come we have not heard any reports from the states Attorney General about the 400 and some people that were arrested during the riots.

What have they been charged with? (hint, it takes an intern 10 seconds to pull this up from a computer)

A Freedom of Information act request came back with a statement that said the information would be forthcoming. No date given.

I wonder how many of those arrested were in violation of crossing the Mayor's “Room to Destroy” borders?

Combine fifty years of failed fiscal policy with generations of bad parenting and rioting for free stuff is on the wish list for those “mere mortals”.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One would have to be south of immature to let a few bad cops color the actions of all cops … or really bad with basic math to the point of never even been in the zip code of a school that teaches statistics.
I lived in the dorms at OU, where they teach statistics, so you blew that one.

BTW: I got A's in my stats classes. Just so you know.

I would assume that you would like to seek the truth as to why this waiting period is done. If so, you might try some research. Note part regarding "alternatives".

http://leb.fbi.gov/2013/september/c...-police-officers-after-use-of-force-incidents

I agree entirely with the "memory distortion" argument. The "cops are special; mere proles don't need that protection" is a crock of **** big enough to fertilize all of Texas.

BTW … Can you explain what you meant by the “apparent rate of malfeasance” is in real (not “apparent”) terms?

Sure. I'll even try not to use big words.

Let's assume that out of every thousand police contacts, IA sustains five complaints. That means the rate of bad behavior is 5 in 1000. However, if IA receives, say, fifty complaints, twenty of which are valid, but IA only sustains five, then the "apparent" rate is 5 in 1000, while the "real" rate would be 20 in 1000. So, if IA has a bias toward its brother officers, the "apparent" rate will be lower than the "true" rate.

Does that make sense?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I lived in the dorms at OU, where they teach statistics, so you blew that one. BTW: I got A's in my stats classes. Just so you know.

Looks like I sure did blow it. Who would have guessed that OU teaches stats in the dorms?

However, you are again missing the point. No one is arguing that LEO abuse does not happen. No one is trying to make a case that LEOs are perfectly trained. But sans fact whining fails to prove a pandemic of police abuse (or that you got an “A” in your dorm room stat class).

I agree entirely with the "memory distortion" argument. The "cops are special; mere proles don't need that protection" is a crock of **** big enough to fertilize all of Texas.

Sorry that the study I shared went over your head and/or that understanding “why” there is a waiting period for LEOs is out of your shrill reach. So you can manage your expectations better … Should you ever try to sell yourself as a “critical thinker” you will get people wanting a refund on the time they wasted listening to you.

To point, are you feeling embarrassed that you graphically demonstrated an inability to do any honest research or that you are not bright enough to understand the report? Was it too long and it bottomed out your attention span?

Related to this, let me also ask you again … you seem very emotional regarding this topic. Two posts in a couple of weeks. On your second post, you didn’t get someone to comment quite as fast as you expected so you trolled for a reply. Why the emotional attachment? Did the guy who plays the police officer in the “Village People” reject you so now you are using Baltimore as the baseline for LEO abuse (brilliant) and your launch pad for whining about LEO abuse in your zip code? Did you also learn about apples and oranges in your dorm room stat classes?

Sure. I'll even try not to use big words.

Thank you!

Let's assume ….

Better idea. Let’s not assume and you share something factual. Use “small words” if you must. Use crayons if that is what you are comfortable with. And with that, do you want to share why you are so emotional over this topic? Take a bump of Midol and let me know.

EDIT ... Using Baltimore to base any allegations of widespread police abuse is like using a Nazi cookbook to bake a German Chocolate cake. The reason is Anthony Batts. Unless Anthony Batts had a serious "Come to Jesus" on bended knee moment since he left LBPD, any allegation of corruption or pure incompetence in running a law enforcement agency should be investigated fully. Batts illustrates what happens when the Peter Principle meets a bad cop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom