Report: Thousands Of Suspects In Baltimore Arrests Required Medical Attention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed it fer ya. The popularity of "innocent until proven guilty" has certainly waned since the 18th Century. I would hate to see what kind of Constitution the present generation would come up with.

Of course there are consequences to every action. Those in positions of authority would do well to remember that.

Like I said the last time I got called for jury service when the DA asked if I could be impartial "If they were innocent then you probably wouldn't have brought charges against them." Yep, that was the end of my jury service for that call up.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said the last time I got called for jury service when the DA asked if I could be impartial "If they were innocent then you probably wouldn't have brought charges against them." Yep, that was the end of my jury service for that call up.

Well it would certainly save a lot of time and money if everybody thought like you. We wouldn't need trials or hearings... Hell, we wouldn't even need criminal defense attorneys. I could pursue a more honorable profession as a used car salesman or something.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Skip ahead to :56. You do realize that's satire, right? Right?

I don't care. Do the crime, suffer the consequences.

Last I heard, the consequences for, say, shoplifting didn't include permanent injury or death. Can you show me the section of law that changed the penalties? Or are you just one of those idiots who think that prison rape is also one of "the consequences?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No comments at all?

Of course not:

Commenting would entail questioning the current practices (quite possibly in a negative way) of the elite class of US Citizens known as law enforcement officers.

That's a big no no around here and a good way to get smacked with the ban hammer.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No comments at all?

You're kidding yourself if you think it only happens in Baltimore. Yes, the focus is there right now, so we're seeing deeper investigation--with more damning results--there, but if you think Baltimore is a blight on an otherwise-saintly nation, I have a bridge for sale.

So in other words, your intent to posting this thread is to troll for commentary to flame LEOs?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in other words, your intent to posting this thread is to troll for commentary to flame LEOs?

It could very well be to discuss corrupt municipal governments and how they produce poorly trained LEOs. Or it could be to discuss the actions that we (citizens) need to take to protect ourselves from LEOs.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should we also talk about how many false injuries and ailments end up in the Emergency Room while in custody? Or how many times someone has a health problem they have ignored for days, weeks, months or even YEARS, yet suddenly becomes an emergency problem as soon as they are booked into the jail?

Sure... there are both real and not real. Suffice it to say that officers must by necessity decide who needs to be treated and who doesn't... otherwise every inmate and every officer will be waiting at the ER for evaluation. Tons of inmates will do and/or say/claim ANY kind of ailment if it gets them out of the cell for a few hours. And the more you cater to it, the more the others will see it works. It's a tough line to walk, honestly... trying to decide what's real and what's not.

That being said, I have gotten inmates pulled out of the jail system because they were at too high risk of something bad happening, or the system was not providing for their valid medical needs.

It sucks both ways, no doubt...

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It could very well be to discuss corrupt municipal governments and how they produce poorly trained LEOs. Or it could be to discuss the actions that we (citizens) need to take to protect ourselves from LEOs.

Oh sure. It could be “very well be”. And it could also be about the “bridge” he has to sell too.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh sure. It could be “very well be”. And it could also be about the “bridge” he has to sell too.

So you don't agree that there is a problem in law enforcement? Break a guy's neck in Baltimore, gun down a homeless dude in New Mexico, double handing weapons in Tulsa, rape of a suspect in New Mexico, shooting a fella in the back in South Carolina. Just to name a few.

In all reality, law enforcement is due a major flaming, probably to the point of burning it down and rebuilding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom