Rival Motorcycle clubs shoot out at Twin Peaks Waco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I had that one in the late 80s 'til 93 or so. That black Sportster is a 64 that my buddy had sitting (in pieces) for 5 years. I put it together for him and got it going in exchange for some work on my truck in the pic.
That's me kicking it -
Right after this pic, my buddy rode to Kiefer and back on Alt 75. He got pulled over by OHP a quarter mile from my house. That protector of freedom had the bike impounded and wrote my buddy a stack of tickets. (no tag for 5 years, insurance, etc,,,) He tried to explain to the **nice highway patrolman** that the bike had been sitting, and he could have me pick it up, etc...

Cost him over 350 bucks, IIRC.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day when cops really had it out for bikers. Not surprising.

I like Sportsters. My cousin bought a '76 ironhead, or the components of one is more like it, last summer. He hopes to have it on the road by fall and I bet it turn more heads than a lot of high buck bikes and he'll have ~$3k in it.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to ride with a local group for awhile and was patched from the beginning of their founding here. There are several different terms used when relating to these groups. The decent people whom everyone is talking about (the majority of the bikers on the road) are normal folks and they are considered "Riding Groups or Bike Groups". These are the people who go to bike night, eat wings, go on poker runs and are generally your normal everyday people. The bad element in which many refer to are a smaller portion and they are considered "Bike Clubs, MC's or Bike Gangs". The last is the 1%'r...these are not your normal bike group guys or even your bike club guys. While they are in the MC's, they are a breed all their own. If you find yourself in a place where you get questioned about your patch from another club, you need to have the correct response as to what your organization is or you and your organization can find yourselves in a bad way really fast. When it comes down to it, if they are wearing a three piece patch...it's an MC, Bike Club or Bike Gang. Be careful when you guys are out there applying patches to the back of your vests and jackets. What seems innocent and petty can actually cause you serious problems. If you decide to create a group, it's a good idea to get it approved through the C.o.C.(Confederation of Clubs).

I turned in my colors when a larger, nationally known group came to our place and basically told us we were going to be absorbed into their club or problems will arise. I didn't need the drama and decided to walk away.

The point of my post is to inform others to be safe when operating in the above mentioned and keep you and yours out of harm's way.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the Banditos make a Vietnam vet turn his vest inside out because he had an Oklahoma rocker under a big Vet patch. They wanted him to cut it off but he refused. It was a pretty tense scene but the Banditos finally gave in to turning it inside out. That was also at a bike rally.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine had to remove his denim vest and leave it outside when we went into Ed's Hurricane Lounge b/c of the band patch on the back of it. They didn't care that it didn't have anything to do with MC's, it wasn't their patch and they weren't having it. Still had good time in there.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine had to remove his denim vest and leave it outside when we went into Ed's Hurricane Lounge b/c of the band patch on the back of it. They didn't care that it didn't have anything to do with MC's, it wasn't their patch and they weren't having it. Still had good time in there.
The Hurricane. Back in the day when I first started doing my game table vending business one of my foosball tables used to sit in the Hurricane. I usually would go around on Friday afternoons and clean tables and settle up with owners. So I was at the Hurricane working on my table and it was a Friday, when some guys came in and wanted to play some foos. Once I finished up doing the money with the bartender I came back and another guy had walked up wanting to play but they needed a 4th, I was in a hurry but said what the hell and thought I'll stay a few and play. Fck me, I was still there at 9pm and it was starting to get packed, and I was still playing with the same poor guy I started with. We hadnt lost once and in my defense, Ive been a pro on the tournament tour since the early 80s where I started out at 14 and these were just regular Joe type players even tho some of them are pretty sporty old skool players. They were not letting me leave at any rate until they could beat me. I think I finally left there about 1am. Im a pretty good sized fella and an ex-boxer so I dont usually have trouble with most people I run across, that night besides almost having a Viet Vet giant of a manboy wanting to fight me for talkin to his ol lady while out back smoking (she was coming on to me, I still kept my distance, Im not that stoopid, I know club rules even tho Im not a member...), I had a good time there. That night.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was, "back in the day" - The Marine Lounge on Admiral, Players on Lewis, and the Kickstart on Admiral. All were good places to get in a scuffle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom