Shooting in Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By their very definition, ISIS only recruits people with mental issues. Anyone with a clear mind would never identify with ISIS.

No, I don't buy that - many legally sane people are morally bankrupt or simply deluded or harboring exaggerated grievances which they feel justify violence but do not constitute mental illness or insanity.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have very strict gun laws in Canada, a US citizen cannot enter the country with a handgun even theough they are enroute to Alaska as I understand it the last time I checked.
No chance in hell. If your travelling to Alaska, you have to ship your handguns to an FFL in Alaska to be held for your arrival.
In the back of my mind, and I may be wrong, but if your travelling to a sanctioned match and have an entry fee paid with verification, they MIGHT issue a special permit. It's been awhile so take that with a grain of salt.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have very strict gun laws in Canada, a US citizen cannot enter the country with a handgun even theough they are enroute to Alaska as I understand it the last time I checked.

To be fair - even if I strongly disagree with much of their laws on firearms - there's no reason for them to compromise their sovereignty and exempt us from their laws and allow us to carry guns (that are otherwise restricted) through just for us non-citizens to have the convenience of passage to Alaska by land.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair - even if I strongly disagree with much of their laws on firearms - there's no reason for them to compromise their sovereignty and exempt us from their laws and allow us to carry guns (that are otherwise restricted) through just for us non-citizens to have the convenience of passage to Alaska by land.
They can bring their handguns into ours. No?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Canadian border guards also hassle folks from the US going into canada with long guns which are supposed to be legal with the proper permits.
It doesn't take much of a search on Google to see how many folks that have went into canada to hunt with the proper paperwork have issues coming back out with their own guns. Some outfitters supply the guns for the hunt to get around that.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But they can bring handguns which is my point. Not even talking about restricted items.

The whole discussion is about what they restrict though. They restrict the pistols; those are controlled just like the ATF controls form 1 firearms here. It's not about fairness. It's about observing what each country has decided to be their rules, which are distinctly different from each other.

It is as ridiculous that they arbitrarily restrict pistols as much as we arbitrarily restrict (for example) short barrel rifles.

But their (silly) laws are their laws; they have no reason to comply with our laws and reciprocate any more that we do with theirs. We do here that from and agree with Trump when he says that, right?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Canadian border guards also hassle folks from the US going into canada with long guns which are supposed to be legal with the proper permits.
It doesn't take much of a search on Google to see how many folks that have went into canada to hunt with the proper paperwork have issues coming back out with their own guns. Some outfitters supply the guns for the hunt to get around that.

I personally know someone here in NE OK who goes through Winnipeg every year to duck hunt in central Winnipeg. He has had 0 problems with his shotguns the last 20 years. Sure, hassles can happen everywhere going both ways across that border. Doesn't mean they happen to everyone or all the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole discussion is about what they restrict though. They restrict the pistols; those are controlled just like the ATF controls form 1 firearms here. It's not about fairness. It's about observing what each country has decided to be their rules, which are distinctly different from each other.

It is as ridiculous that they arbitrarily restrict pistols as much as we arbitrarily restrict (for example) short barrel rifles.

But their (silly) laws are their laws; they have no reason to comply with our laws and reciprocate any more that we do with theirs. We do here that from and agree with Trump when he says that, right?
I'm not saying it's right, but it's pretty danged silly. Especially when they hassle hunters with their own firearms with the proper permits that they gave permission for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom