What can a bolt do that a semi-auto can't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that 243 super short is a nice round for deer around here. nice work. I was looking at the Olympic 300 super short for awhile, until I saw the price of ammo :(.....

Ammo cost is high unless you reload. Once you have the brass, its no more expensive than a standard .243. You can buy brass out there.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That video demonstrates what pretty much anyone willing to listen to people with true experience already knows. Semi guns are very capable of hits out to respectable distances. A good national match M1A can usually get into the 1MOA or sub-MOA territory. You can better than that, cheaper, and easier with an AR platform rifle. But if you want to have every shot touching or nearly through the same hole, you will end up with a bolt gun...

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I really needed a bolt action. Wink wink. So now I think I need an m1 for comparison. You know, make my own comparison between my two rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's all you got???? Figgered you had more :D

well, I'm in a similar predicament. I have a 6.5-20x50 Vortex Viper sitting in the safe, and I could put it on my main 3 gun rifle that has an 18" JP cryo barrel that will out shoot me any day then use my backup rifle for my 3 gun matches, but I've decided that any self respecting gun owner should own a bolt rifle because....America.

My scope will sit really pretty on a Savage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom