CZ Scorpion 3+ Carbine Review (Sorry no pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I finally felt good enough to head over to Frontier Justice to shoot the new CZ yesterday afternoon.

My Positive Observations:
+Soft Shooting and minimal recoil
+Comfortable Handling
+Accurate
+Perfect Weight

Less than Positive
-Safety is somewhat awkward
-Trigger is a little heavy
-Charging handle is a bit small
-Faux can is a little cheesy

Overall, I really love it. Both the wife and I shot it well and were very comfortable with it. I added a Romeo 4H to it just to try it out. Once dialed in, we were punching the bullseye at 65-75ft. It is too tall to co-witness so I will eventually be on the hunt for a lower profile optic. (I am thinking one of these is what I want HE510C-GR-Holosun )

I also am going to order some of the Magpul 35 round mags and see how they perform. The CZ 30 round mags are $28 at Frontier. I can get the Magpul mags for $19.

Finally, I need to get a new rifle case to accommodate it while in transport. Oh and lots more 9mm ammo :)

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the Magpul ones, unfortunately at that time, they did not fit the 3+, only the 3.

Also, I did this for the trigger:
https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-trigger-spring-kit.aspx
It’s not “great”, but is greatly improved for a few $ and a few minutes of time.

Still haven’t found a safety I want to try yet.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into the Holosun 507X2. I have one mounted on my scorpion. I have both the 510 and the 507. To me, the 510 is too big for the Scorpion, but it’s just right for a full size carbine like an AR.

I didn’t like the factory trigger either. At first I tried the HBI and it wasn’t that impressive. After that I got a Timney. I ran about 2k round through it and it went full auto at the range one day. I contacted Timney and they replaced it no charge. No problems since.

The safety was cutting into my hand. I tried different ones but I finally went back with the factory safety and used a Dreml tool to reshape it.

I replaced the pistol grip with one from Strike Industries. Better grip angle and a storage compartment where I keep a spare battery for the Holosun and a rail mounted light my son gave me for my birthday.

I replaced my charging handle with a larger one. Don’t remember who made it. Th mag release was also changed for an AK paddle type.

I use Magpul 35 round Magpul magazines. I’ve heard stories about factory CZ mags breaking at the feed lips. Zero problems with the Magpuls.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into the Holosun 507X2. I have one mounted on my scorpion. I have both the 510 and the 507. To me, the 510 is too big for the Scorpion, but it’s just right for a full size carbine like an AR.

I didn’t like the factory trigger either. At first I tried the HBI and it wasn’t that impressive. After that I got a Timney. I ran about 2k round through it and it went full auto at the range one day. I contacted Timney and they replaced it no charge. No problems since.

The safety was cutting into my hand. I tried different ones but I finally went back with the factory safety and used a Dreml tool to reshape it.

I replaced the pistol grip with one from Strike Industries. Better grip angle and a storage compartment where I keep a spare battery for the Holosun and a rail mounted light my son gave me for my birthday.

I replaced my charging handle with a larger one. Don’t remember who made it. Th mag release was also changed for an AK paddle type.

I use Magpul 35 round Magpul magazines. I’ve heard stories about factory CZ mags breaking at the feed lips. Zero problems with the Magpuls.
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of a sale at Lockedloaded dot com.

1705290247103.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom