Need Firewood badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Richart (sp) just south of 66th st north and hwy 169 has LOTS of firewood. They are a tree service and split up in to ricks (sp) the take-aways. It may cost $$ but is available.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have almost an entire rick of wood that's well seasoned at one of my empty rentals but it's in Edmond. You can have it if you're ever down this way as long as I don't find a tenant first.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should check with Preston Trading Post. That's where we get our firewood from. They're on the east side of US-75 on Will Samson Road. Just go down 75 and instead of turning right to go into Preston, turn left. They're right on the highway, so they're easy to spot. You have to load it yourself, but it's good exercise.

According to Google, their phone number is (918) 758-7068, so you can try to give them a call before making the drive.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain.
I too only had a free standing wood stove for heat back in the 1990's.
After all bills were paid we usually had 8 bucks left at the end of the month..Back then i thought that was doing pretty good.

Wood had to be free.
I actually bid tree jobs way way low to get the wood to burn.
Pallets were an easy find as many people had rotting ones,, I would burn old recliners and sofa's that i took the wood off of.
particle board and paneling got tossed in to keep the house warm also.. I drew the line at railroad ties and car tires.

My grandmother burned tires though..She said keep all the windows and doors sealed up tight or that black soot will be on everything.

I scanned the FREE section of the Tulsa craigslist and wood doors and pallets along with trees are available right now.. I am sure you see this daily..

Cedar burns very well and leaves almost No ashes.. same with pine and fir.. Uncles in Oregon all burn pine and Fir to heat their homes.
People here think that is a no no.
The worst my chimney ever looked was a year i burned blackjack.. it was over 2 years old and that is some nasty stuff.

But cleaned right out with a couple days of dry pine and cedar burning.
I had metalbestos stainless stove pipe on that stove... When i sold the house i removed the pipe and stove and the stainless was shiny in spots inside the pipe.

Good hot fire keeps things clean as you probably know.. and you need flame to make heat.. smoldering coals do not make enough heat.

I would hit the farm stores there and see if there is a sawmill near you.. You can usually get scrap slabs for free or really cheap.
I was paying 20 bucks for a trailer load.. Did not matter how large the trailer was either. I could stack it 9 feet high on my trailer.. worth the money like that.
If you have to pay.
I did some welding on the fork truck at the saw mill and got all i wanted for free.

Good luck in your quest.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd talk to one of those Asplunge trucks-you know the orange trucks that cut those good trees down under power lines. They'd more than likely help you out but you'd probably have to take a pickup or trailer and pick it up. Talk to their foreman of the group..

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think we got a good place to go to for a while through a good member here close that will work for this year and next. Thank you all very much for your help.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom