'02 Duramax intermittent blower motor issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blower motor has been replaced, still only works intermittently and sometimes works if the truck goes over a hard bump in the road. Where would I look next to find the issue. I've seen a p/n for a blower motor resistor, but never found it on the truck.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Blower motor resistor is a different component. Mine went out and would only blow on high. Yours sounds more like a short but could be at the resistor

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blower motor has been replaced, still only works intermittently and sometimes works if the truck goes over a hard bump in the road. Where would I look next to find the issue. I've seen a p/n for a blower motor resistor, but never found it on the truck.

Does this look about like yours?

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty connection in the circuit that intermittently makes contact when you hit a bump. First thing I would do would be to pull it into the shop and turn the motor on high. Then follow every bit of wiring associated with the circuit and give it the 10 pound pull test.
Common automotive wires and connectors in serviceable condition will withstand this force.
Faulty ones will identify themselves.
Pull it shake it wiggle it around, keep an ear out for that motor to spool up. Sometimes a helper is needed once you get out under the hood into the distribution boxes to alert you. Hopefully it’s something easy to spot like a passenger got her purse shoved up too far and knocked something free.
Good luck, chasing wires sux.........

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty connection in the circuit that intermittently makes contact when you hit a bump. First thing I would do would be to pull it into the shop and turn the motor on high. Then follow every bit of wiring associated with the circuit and give it the 10 pound pull test.
Common automotive wires and connectors in serviceable condition will withstand this force.
Faulty ones will identify themselves.
Pull it shake it wiggle it around, keep an ear out for that motor to spool up. Sometimes a helper is needed once you get out under the hood into the distribution boxes to alert you. Hopefully it’s something easy to spot like a passenger got her purse shoved up too far and knocked something free.
Good luck, chasing wires sux.........
I hated troubleshooting intermittent faults. You couldn't prove anything until you finally divided the circuit and conquered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom