10/22 target barrels?? Do they make a difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To some degree I'd have to say it depends on what you consider "worth it?" I absolutely love mine. I bought mine over 12 years ago and don't regret it a bit. I absolutely love the hammer forged spiral barrel. I won't say it's the best out there, but I like it for the uniqueness and not necessarily for it's accuracy. Although I've had mine re-chambered and most other components re-worked and am extremely happy with the final results.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heavy they are. I had a heavy barrel for years and didn't really see an accuracy improvement over the standard barrel. It was very accurate but I got tired of the weight. I can shoot a sporter barrel just as well and not get a workout picking it up. My opinion only though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clark and Green Mountain barrels both work (stay clear of Butler Creek Carbon Fiber barrels).

I know some of the Volquartistine barrels are made for jacketed ammo because of the target-rifling - don't have much experience with anything else.

Hawkeye60

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a factory target bull barrel 10 22 and a custom with a Tactical Solutions fluted, threaded barrel. The factory bull is much easier to shoot in my opinion because of the added wieght. The custom has an overmold stock is easy to pack around, however it is harder for me to hold it still as compared to the heavier gun, that includes shooting off on a bench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom