10/22 target barrels?? Do they make a difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 10/22T but it is heavy and has become more a bench rifle. Not something I'd want to lug around the woods or teach a child to shoot with. I recently inherited a good old regular 10/22 that will serve those purposes well.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 10-22T and it is a tac driver. I have had it for many years and love it. I also have a stainless with the Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel. I seen someone did not like it, but I have put about 2000 rounds threw it and it has never missed a beat. You can drive nails with it and it is very light. My kids love shooting it. I know several people who also have the carbon fiber barrels and have never had a problem. I know you have to follow the directions on them and clean out the liner before you shoot it. I am sure like anything, there are a few bad ones out there.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Have a tactical innovations Threaded barrel and love it, Ive noticed a differance with the higher quality ammo but the sporter barrel shoots great!!

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 20" Green Mountain heavy barrel on my 10/22 and the only downside to it is its weight. It is very front heavy, but I added a bipod and it takes care of the problem. I would do it over the same way if I had to do it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom