10 mm Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBoreOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone interested.

Academy on 240 = out of 10mm, didn't think they would get anymore until May 1, so if your looking don't stop there. All they carry if Blazer anyways.

Kings = Has Remington 180 FMJ and Winchester Silvertips! Talked to the guy running the place for a few minutes and he said they do TRY to keep it in stock. Had quite a few boxes of each left after I got two of each.

So, if anyone needs 10mm Kings is probably your best bet.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cost of ammo and ease of find it was one of the factors that lead me to carry a .40 S&W instead of .45 or 10mm. Not saying any rounds is better... just easier to find. Been thinking of picking up a 9mm for a practice or a .22lr conversion.

What the heck, it's only money.

BigBoreOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will agree, the price of 10mm ammo is kind of ridiculous. Looking at the components to reload it is not that much more expensive. But, 45 auto is extremely easy to find. Costs a bit more than 9mm but it's worth it!

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cost of ammo and ease of find it was one of the factors that lead me to carry a .40 S&W instead of .45 or 10mm. Not saying any rounds is better... just easier to find. Been thinking of picking up a 9mm for a practice or a .22lr conversion.

What the heck, it's only money.

That's why my last pistol purchase was a 9mm. I love my Colt Delta Elite 10mm, but the 9mm I can buy anywhere and shoot much cheaper.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will agree, the price of 10mm ammo is kind of ridiculous. Looking at the components to reload it is not that much more expensive. But, 45 auto is extremely easy to find. Costs a bit more than 9mm but it's worth it!

Once you're reloading it's hardly half a penny more per round than reloading 40S&W

Retail though, it's a low-demand cartridge and the price is high because of that. Just look at the 327 Magnum ammo, it's priced similarly to 10mm.

There's no buts about it, unless you're very wealthy you will have to reload 10mm to get enough practice with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom