Who not to buy ammo from

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When ammo supply is abundant and threats to gun rights are down, I’ve made bulk ammo purchases at great prices with Gunbroker, especially the penny auctions. I won a bid on a Springfield 1911 in 9mm a few years ago. The FFL that did my transfer said I got the gun for less than his dealer cost. The last few years Gunbroker prices are raping the buyer. But, if the political parties controlling the fed government change substantially in the next election. Look for good pricing in late 2024 and 2025 and stack it deep.

Last edited:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since 2016, I've had a great relationship with Freedom Munitions (out of Idaho). Their website is easy to use, and their pricing is really reasonable. They occasionally offer free shipping - sometimes with a minimum order size, sometimes not. My orders have consistently been filled quickly, and in seven years only one order was even slightly inaccurate. Customer service is phenomenal(!)... friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people. [By the way, I'm not affiliated with them, except as a satisfied customer.]

** That one inaccuracy was a 2018 shipment of new ammo (otherwise correct caliber and amount), when I had ordered/paid for re-manufactured. When I sent a photo to them, with an offer to pay the difference, they called to thank me (for helping keep their inventory records straight, I guess) - and to let me keep the order for original price. I haven't dealt with anyone else since that episode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom