10 Rules for Trading in Long Term Survival Scenarios

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree. To be honest, I didn't know who Selco was until I read a few of your post quoting his teachings. So far, it has been one of the most beneficial things I have taken from this site. Thank you for that.

Its cool to read now but you shoulda been on SB when he originally posted. It blew up and was intense to see how it developed. Had like a million veiws in a couple months.

After ya read up on the Selco postings, find the early Ferfal stuff. Its another eye opener. We could be really close to what happened to Ferfal, lotsa similarities and the warning signs are spot on.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its cool to read now but you shoulda been on SB when he originally posted. It blew up and was intense to see how it developed. Had like a million veiws in a couple months.

After ya read up on the Selco postings, find the early Ferfal stuff. Its another eye opener. We could be really close to what happened to Ferfal, lotsa similarities and the warning signs are spot on.

No kidding ... I was really sorry when they took that thread down. Lots of good information there. Folks who haven't experienced anything like that think they know how it's gonna be -- especially if they are "preppers'. They think that being a prepper somehow makes them immune to all that stuff. I don't think so.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think its because you cant prepare. One day theres rules, laws and semi normalcy, the next is total chaotic war. Hard to wrap your mind around and really all you can do is try to survive the day.

Its you and maybe your family against the world. Everyday is about food an water an stayin alive.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I've looked at his book a few times on amazon, but never pulled the trigger on it. I'll check it out. Thanks again.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its because you cant prepare. One day theres rules, laws and semi normalcy, the next is total chaotic war. Hard to wrap your mind around and really all you can do is try to survive the day.

Its you and maybe your family against the world. Everyday is about food an water an stayin alive.

I agree. I've always felt that I need to focus on at least 3 areas to survive.

Food/water
Shelter
Way to protect the 2 above

I think that everything else revolves around these 3 main things. Just my opinion of course. It isn't Gospel.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir.

http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457

I hope BB doesn't see this. That "add to cart" button is so tempting.

:disappoin I already have that one around here somewhere ... It was one of the first non-fiction SHTF books I read and part of the reason I don't read fiction SHTF books anymore. Why waste your time on somebody's imaginary version of "what if" when you can read someone's real live account of "this is what happened to me"?? :anyone:

BTW, I am the QUEEN of "how to" books ... Both my parents were in the medical field so I grew up reading AVMA and Nursing Journals. There was no fiction reading in our house. You wanted to learn about something, you read about it. I can count the number of fiction books I've read in the last year on one hand (2 ... and they were part of a trilogy. Still haven't gotten to that last one. lol)

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:disappoin I already have that one around here somewhere ... It was one of the first non-fiction SHTF books I read and part of the reason I don't read fiction SHTF books anymore. Why waste your time on somebody's imaginary version of "what if" when you can read someone's real live account of "this is what happened to me"?? :anyone:

BTW, I am the QUEEN of "how to" books ... Both my parents were in the medical field so I grew up reading AVMA and Nursing Journals. There was no fiction reading in our house. You wanted to learn about something, you read about it. I can count the number of fiction books I've read in the last year on one hand (2 ... and they were part of a trilogy. Still haven't gotten to that last one. lol)

I know what you mean. I own quite a few books, but none of them are fictional. They're all informative and cover so many different subjects. I couldn't imagine not being able to learn more. I guess I am a movie buff though. So I do get my share of fiction.

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in everyones opinion, what would be the top three items most important to have to trade, other than food/water. I am talking not necessity but more comfort

Latest posts

Top Bottom