100% Gas Gone on 1 May????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My weed eater is trashed. Chainsaw might be a goner too. My riding mower is running like crap. Pisses me off I fill my lawn equipment tanks up with 100% gas. Some one filled my lawn equipment cans with e10 last fall... not only that they didn't add any stabil to them either. I always ran a fresh batch of fuel with stabil in it through them then drained tanks and ran em dry. They smelled horrible when I opened them up. My honda powered push mower is the only one that doesn't seem hurt by it at all it started right up.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our 2010 Ford F150 has a "flex-fuel" engine. The wife was reading the owner's manual one day and stated that it said that when using ethanol, one needed to run a tank of 100% gas through it about every oil change. I figured that was an admission that ethanol was not really good for the larger engines, so I make it a point of always getting 100%, cost be damned. I don't like repair bills, even if the ethanol fuel is cheaper.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our 2010 Ford F150 has a "flex-fuel" engine. The wife was reading the owner's manual one day and stated that it said that when using ethanol, one needed to run a tank of 100% gas through it about every oil change. I figured that was an admission that ethanol was not really good for the larger engines, so I make it a point of always getting 100%, cost be damned. I don't like repair bills, even if the ethanol fuel is cheaper.

My '07 F150 is flex fuel, it sucks hind tit on e10, that extra dime for 100% is worth it.

The wife's '08 GT is not a flex fuel engine, can't tell a difference between e10 and 100%

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lose 3-5mpg running any ethanol blend in my 98 Suburban, goes from 21-22mpg highway to 16-17mpg with a blend, Real gas is what will keep older cars on the road longer, they will phase it out eventually trying to force us to purchase inferior vehicles.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having lived on the east coast I find it funny how a lot of you say your lawn mower, weed eater etc etc won't work with 10%eth. You guys realize manufacturer do not make different models for Oklahoma VS other states. All you can buy is 10%eth on the east and everything worked great out there from 20 year old lawn mowers to brand new off the shelf lawn equipment including Stihl which I owned and ran eth through it for years.

Everything will be OK.

Not sure if we're living on the same planet but that ethanol stuff is horrible on small engines, gaskets, fuel lines, plastic fuel tanks, etc. Plus it is basically just inefficient.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having lived on the east coast I find it funny how a lot of you say your lawn mower, weed eater etc etc won't work with 10%eth. You guys realize manufacturer do not make different models for Oklahoma VS other states. All you can buy is 10%eth on the east and everything worked great out there from 20 year old lawn mowers to brand new off the shelf lawn equipment including Stihl which I owned and ran eth through it for years.

Everything will be OK.
I need to tell this to a friend of mine that just got through replacing the gaskets and fuel line in his 3 year old John Deere mower. He must have been dreaming or in a coma when he told me it was leaking and sucking air. My mower is going on 14 years old and I haven't replaced anything and not used one gallon of the stuff.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Everything will be OK.
Cool, what else do they do on the East coast that's ok for us Okies?

Latest posts

Top Bottom