12% failure rate in my loading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar problem (though obviously not what the OP is having), with .38SPL's not chambering. I had bumped my lee charging/expanding die and it was putting a hell of a flare on the end of the case.

okc4956

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did u ever figure out what was going on with your reloads? I've thought more about it and I'm thinking that it must have something to do with the range(I'm assuming mixed brands) brass. If it's "glocked" that is, fired from an unsupported chamber such as some Glocks have, the brass will be bulged more at the bottom and cannot be resized with standard reloading dies or so I'm told due to the shell holder getting in the way.
I've had a lot of reloads that look like yours, but as long as they fit in a chamber guage they will shoot just fine. When they don't fit in the guage, pull the bullet and chunk the brass... Anyway hope things are working better for you!

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did u ever figure out what was going on with your reloads? I've thought more about it and I'm thinking that it must have something to do with the range(I'm assuming mixed brands) brass. If it's "glocked" that is, fired from an unsupported chamber such as some Glocks have, the brass will be bulged more at the bottom and cannot be resized with standard reloading dies or so I'm told due to the shell holder getting in the way.
I've had a lot of reloads that look like yours, but as long as they fit in a chamber guage they will shoot just fine. When they don't fit in the guage, pull the bullet and chunk the brass... Anyway hope things are working better for you!

Don't think he has posted anything new.

I shoot nothing but glocks and reload everything i shoot. This "glocked" business doesn't seem to affect my guns or reloads...

I am thinking an incorrect setup is the root cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom