15+ shots in the neighborhood again tonight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it happened again. Another night of multiple gunshots in the neighborhood. Started early this time. At least 15+ shots around 11:30pm. Listening to the scanner, the PD dispatchers were getting calls from a wide area in the north & south western part of town... so it may have possibly been a rolling gun fight... or just a large wild party and the shots were echoing. Police spoke with a lot of people who heard the shots, but have yet to locate their source.

It was kind of funny to listen to the PD officers car-to-car chatter. They were driving around the area looking for the shooter..... and there were a lot of people coming out of their houses into their yards looking around to see what was going on. Just added to the confusion the officers were having to deal with. Even though I'm heavily armed, if someone is shooting just out side of my home, I'm certainly not going to rush out into the dark in order to see what is going on. The PD officers were wearing bullet proof vests and being highly cautious.. whereas these sightseers were being carefree as could be. Put 10 of them together and you'd have a hard time finding any intelligence between them.

Earlier, there had been 3 shots fired out not to far from the main gate of Altus Air Force Base. Gate guards reported hearing the shots and the whiz of a bullet.

Wow. I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Altus last night, and I didn't hear anything.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Listened to gunfire for a couple hours this morning. Sounded like it was maybe an eight mile away. Probably just a bunch of folks down at the creek bridge on the edge of town.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom