.17HMR locked and loaded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've got the smartest armadillo on earth tearing up my yard.
The dogs chased him a couple of times early in the mornings when we let them out, so now it comes out during the day. Really tearing up the wifes flower beds.
About 10 minutes ago, I looked out the back window to watch the rain, and there it was. Got into the safe, watched it get into a good area to shoot it and not get the hot tub with a richochet, but he heard the storm door open and hauled butt.
The .17 is laying on the kitchen counter and I'm on "night patrol" with our spotlight.:bah:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was up until after midnight, and he never came back. Then, this morning I found some new digging areas. His days are numbered.....

The trick of this is to eat as much watermelon as you can just before the sun goes down. Before you go to bed check for the critter. Then every time you wake up needing to go, you check again. No waiting up, it just happens.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the voice of experience............. Personally I like a .308 shooting a 125 gr ballistic tip on my dillers. Can you invision that hitting a watermelon????? That's what happens to the diller.. Pink mist:rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trick of this is to eat as much watermelon as you can just before the sun goes down. Before you go to bed check for the critter. Then every time you wake up needing to go, you check again. No waiting up, it just happens.

Did the watermelon thing a couple of nights ago. I had to get up 4 times during the night. I was like a zombie at work the next day, but that would work on the days off:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Killed that sucker!!

Got up at 5am to do a little bathroom duty and looked out the back door.
He was there!!
I went into stealth mode knowing how spooky he has been in the past.
Got the .17 from the safe, and with stocking feet, crept to the back door.
Slowly opened the wood door, and then the storm door. Took almost a minute to do this. Still in stealth mode, I crept out the back door, as the killer diller was behind a tree.
Kept the tree between him and myself, while creeping silently to the aforementioned tree.
It should have been a chip shot at 20 yds, but all of a sudden, I think he felt the presence of a predator......He ATTACKED!!
Running at a slight angle towards me, I'm sure it was a flanking move with intention of getting me to leave the cover of the tree.
IT KEPT GETTING CLOSER!!
I screamed like a girl, and took a forwards quartering shot at 5 yds while it was in full charge.
Thankfully, years of intensive training paid off, and the shot was true.
I'm thinking I have taken a B&C diller. Biggest one I've ever seen. More wary than a whitetail.

Oh, crap I just woke up from a dream........walked outside and shot him.....sorry to bore y'all with my dream hunt:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0072.jpg

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO! Great dream story ana good ending. A good diller is a dead diller. My next attempt on a dang dark dangerous diller will be with the vaporizer gun. A .300 win mag with a 180 accubond precisely executing a frontal chest shot or an Okle heart shot at the junction of the tail with the shell. I predict no visible evidence afterwards............just a mist.

OOOOOOOOHHHHH, sorry I got carried away again:sorry1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom