Pay It Forward.......Free Skunks !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Skunks......free to good home.

Turned on the patio backyard spotlight this morning around 4:00 a.m. and saw two skunks waddling around in the backyard by the 9x12 storage shed and watched them for a couple of minutes till they disappeared.

Went out to the shed a little bit ago and saw a hole dug under the side of the shed and could smell a faint skunk odor......opened up the shed door and the skunk smell was so strong it will darn near make your eyes water.

I've got a all wire live release trap that I've caught and released several possums down by the river in but I'm not too keen on the idea of walking up to a caught skunk that can see me coming, even while holding a old beach towel to hopefully keep from getting sprayed, and then trying to fiddle around opening the door while keeping the towel between myself and him to let him out again while trying not to get sprayed......I do not want to harm them just catch and relocate.

I found online this enclosed Kno-Spray skunk trap that looks like it should work pretty well, they don't see you coming and there is a quick pull out wire screen that easily slides up for release......naturally I'll be pulling up the screen and hauling my big butt backwards at the same time. :)

At $90.00 shipped it's kinda pricey but it looks like it should work pretty well......whatcha think ?

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's illegal to relocate them after you trap them, so I guess they're yours forever!!!!!!! :) :)

After I catch them I could give them to @swampratt....we all know that he'll cook and eat pert near anything. :)

stuffed skunk.jpg

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot them in the head with a 22 & they did not spray. M dad saw one go out the East door of the barn, he stepped around the North west corner headed East . The skunk was waiting sprayed him in the eyes . Took dad quite a while to find his way back to the house.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA I would probably eat one if it was not smelly.
That critter in the roasting pot is not a skunk.
Looks more like a Ground hog but tail is too wide so possibly a Nutria.
I do not know exactly but not a skunk.
I will say it looks tasty though and I would eat it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA I would probably eat one if it was not smelly.
That critter in the roasting pot is not a skunk.
Looks more like a Ground hog but tail is too wide so possibly a Nutria.
I do not know exactly but not a skunk.
I will say it looks tasty though and I would eat it.

Any man who would eat June Bugs would surely eat a skunk; if properly cooked anyway. From what I know of @swampratt; that means at least somewhat browned on either side till warm.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Was walking the construction site yesterday making a to do list for one of the units, stepped into a walk in closet and there was a skunk curled up in the corner ................ And :hellno: I did not stick around to get any pics so do not even go there LOL.

Went sneaking around again today , no skunks lol. What was kind of strange is usually you can smell a skunk well before you see one , not even a slight smell. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom