19 year olds wanting to buy my pistol on Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pistol for sale on armslist. The last two contacts wanting to buy it say they are 19. I just find it odd that two buyers in a row are saying they are 19. I looked it up and I guess its legal but I am not selling. I feel like I am being set up.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pistol for sale on armslist. The last two contacts wanting to buy it say they are 19. I just find it odd that two buyers in a row are saying they are 19. I looked it up and I guess its legal but I am not selling. I feel like I am being set up.

It may indeed be legal for a person to person handgun transaction at 18 and FFL transaction at 21 (someone correct me if this is wrong), but I won't sell even though that may be seen as unfair to a potentially legal buyer.

"Able to complete at this time a local face-to-face cash sale. Buyer must be at least 21, Oklahoma resident able to legally buy a firearm in Oklahoma, and must have a current valid Oklahoma issued picture ID. No exceptions."

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine sets up at gun shows quite often. He used to be an FFL dealer, so he has a stack of 4473s left over. He said if an older guy, who looks legit, takes interest, he sells to him.

But if a thug/gangsta/youngster, with a wad of cash walks up and fondles a few, then decides on one by saying, "I take dis one" then he'll throw a form and a pen in front of him and say, "fill this out."

They'll cuss and walk away every time. :rollingla

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not legal. Have to be 21. Are some exceptions for military and police

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ^^^^ he said. You can not buy a handgun until your 21 in the state of Oklahoma.

Just because it might be legal my minimum is 21:

From the Gifford's Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence site:

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/

upload_2020-9-9_12-45-55.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom