• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 1903 finger groove stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Looking for an early 1903 finger groove stock, metal components also needed, such as barrel bands w/sling loop, stock ferrule w/ bayonet lug, butt plate, top hand guard, and front sight blade.

Trying to bring a 1906 mfg. sporter back to life, so finger groove for sure and no cross bolts preferred, single or double bolts considered however. High hump hand guard preferred also.

Please let me know if you have or know of someone who might have these.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, you’re just looking for ‘03 USGI parts. Not necessarily the period correct parts, as they can be pricy. The early hi-hump Handguards are tough to find. Good luck on the restoration

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This guy set up at Wannemachers a couple years back and had loads of US Mil-surp parts. I picked up a excellent grade Smith Corona 03a3 stock from him and he had at least 6 tables loaded with M1, 03, 03a3, Carbine and 1911 parts. Edit to add that he was getting up there in years so not sure if still doing business, seemed like he might have cosmoline in his veins so probably still going strong.
Mil parts.jpg

soonerman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Not sure if you want a repro, but this looks nice:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304758011663
Trying not to go repro, but yes I’ve seen his on several forums. Thanks!

So, you’re just looking for ‘03 USGI parts. Not necessarily the period correct parts, as they can be pricy. The early hi-hump Handguards are tough to find. Good luck on the restoration
Period correct preferred, have a line on them in DFW, but trying here first so I can actually put eyes on a 117-year-old stock prior to purchase.

USGI stocks that are later and non-high hump hand guards are the backup plan.

might be good for some parts. Waiting for the CMP forum to get its act together. Tons of glitches lately.

This guy set up at Wannemachers a couple years back and had loads of US Mil-surp parts. I picked up a excellent grade Smith Corona 03a3 stock from him and he had at least 6 tables loaded with M1, 03, 03a3, Carbine and 1911 parts. Edit to add that he was getting up there in years so not sure if still doing business, seemed like he might have cosmoline in his veins so probably still going strong.
View attachment 438484
I shopped his stuff, closest he had was a one-bolt stock for like $650. Haha no thanks.

He’s also fairly pricey all around. Was looking for a Remington “R” marked, blued buttplate for my 03A4, and he tried to sell me a Smith Corona insisting it was Remington. Either starting to slip or make a sale. Either way, I moved on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom