1911 CC Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which OWB 1911 Holster for EDC?

• Mitch Rosen 5JR-Press-FD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looper Two Slot Open

• Del Fatti LP

• High Noon Slide Guard Horsehide

• Total voters

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm picking up my Ruger SR1911 soon. After breaking it in, I planning on adding it to the CC rotation. The SR1911, in case you don't know, is a full-size Colt clone.

I currently carry a Glock 31 in a Blackhawk CQC. Up until last week, I carried a Kahr CW45 in a Looper 2-slot Open OWB. I will probably carry the Ruger OWB as well. But, I'm not opposed to IWB carry like Comp-Tac and Crossbreed.

This needs to be an every day holster. I'm not looking for a BBQ rig. I like the quickness of kydex, but love the way leather wraps around your hip. I like two-slot holsters and they need to cover the entire slide, no Yaquis for EDC. Since it's a smooth, stainless steel finish, I'll probably go with leather.

I'd like to keep it under $150.

Holsters I'm leaning toward are:

UBG Bonneville ($70.00)
High Noon Slide Guard ($150 in horsehide)
R. Grizzle CB ($85.00) *9-10 week turnaround - yikes.
Looper 2-slot Open ($55.00)
D.M. Bullard Combat Holster ($85.00) *16-20 weeks lead time - holy crap.
Milt Sparks CC-AT ($118.00)
Del Fatti LP ($145.00)
Mitch Rosen 5JR-Pres-FD ($145.00)

I'm sure you guys have some opinions.:wave:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the Looper to hold you over till you can get one of the long lead time ones that tickles your fancy. I carry my 5" 1911 in a VERY well worn Milt Sparks EX that I picked up with a matching IWB mag pouch for $50. No wait time, no break in period and it was on my doorstep in 3 days! :D

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks GED. I like the sound of "combat master".

Galco has a great website. Pick your gun and it gives you the best options in their lineup. Sweet.

I'll add Galco to the list.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love all of my High Noon holsters including the slide guard, but the lead time was every bit as long as they said. I also have a Bare Asset IWB from High Noon for my SR1911 that is a "stocking" item.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go see Josh at Little Joe's Boots in Stockyards and have him make you a nice custom holster, belt, mag pouch combo. Good prices and great craftsman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom