1947 Dodge Back on the road :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked cranking pressure on 1 cylinder with throttle open and the other 7 spark plugs in.

200 PSI.
Makes me happy .
That number or more has worked well for me when I need good stump pulling torque out of the hole.
My 200" inline 6 ford had 210 my Corolla has 210 My 57 had 225 with the other cam I had and now is at 195 and down on low end grunt just a bit.
At one time that engine had 245 PSI when I had it in my Nova. Ridiculous hole shot.

I have been tweaking the tune today to eliminate a 2000-3000 RPM rolling bog when you nail the throttle.
I have actually never experienced that and it could be the GM Iron intake.
But more jet changes and tweaking will eventually tell me something.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha! Buy4Less at NW 23rd and Council. The place just changed hands and I think the name is gonna change but the employees will remain the same! 😉🤣🤣 You definitely need to stick your head in the door. I only work on the weekends right now though ... Which is fine and dandy with me. 😎🤣😇😇
Ha my daughter and I were in there a month or so ago. I kept thinking I heard a voice that sounded familiar. It was dead slow at 9:30 ish on a Saturday morning.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked cranking pressure on 1 cylinder with throttle open and the other 7 spark plugs in.

200 PSI.
Makes me happy .
That number or more has worked well for me when I need good stump pulling torque out of the hole.
My 200" inline 6 ford had 210 my Corolla has 210 My 57 had 225 with the other cam I had and now is at 195 and down on low end grunt just a bit.
At one time that engine had 245 PSI when I had it in my Nova. Ridiculous hole shot.

I have been tweaking the tune today to eliminate a 2000-3000 RPM rolling bog when you nail the throttle.
I have actually never experienced that and it could be the GM Iron intake.
But more jet changes and tweaking will eventually tell me something.

I have yet to ride in it! I enjoyed the 57. I have been looking around for a 57 ever since!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice truck! One day I'll get my dad's 1940 Ford pickup but he ordered me to never do a SBC swap. Guess I'll need to learn more about flatheads and get ready for disappointment.
If it is a 1940 and rolling .... it will not be a disappointment.... Just saying.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is a 1940 and rolling .... it will not be a disappointment.... Just saying.
My plan was to resto-mod to drive it to work from time to time. But the flatheads are rather expensive to build compared to a small block. It’ll end up a weekend cruiser after some body work and a disc brake conversion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom