2 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So first, I bought an AR-15 off a friend, its in good condition, and has a Rock River 5.56 mm lower. The upper has no markings on it at all that I can see. the barrel is dimpled, and the handguard is a free floating quad rail so if there are any markings on the barrel near the upper receiver I can't see them. I do know it has M4 feed ramps if that makes any difference but I am trying to determine if this thing is chambered in .223 or 5.56mm. What is a good way to go about determining that? I have seen the 5.56mm test gauge but not sure I want to spend $50 for a one time test. Would a gunsmith be able to determine this for me at a cheaper cost? If it is a .223 I have heard that it can be reamed to 5.56 specifications. Can someone explain to me what that means and if that would allow me to safely fire 5.56 through it?

I don't really plan on shooting a lot of 5.56 through the rifle, but the other ARs I have are 5.56 and by having it in 5.56 at least I don't have to worry about accidentally running 5.56 through a .223

Second question: This same guy is also selling a M-92 .44 Magnum Wounded Warrior Project, lever action rifle. It is number 473 of 500. Looks really nice, not sure how much I would shoot it. He claims that he paid $1200 for it, but said he would sell it for $700 due to the fact that he never shot it, and it was just taking up room in his safe. I don't really care how much he paid for it, but is it a good buy at $700? From what I can see online, the non-WWP version of the rifle looks like it might sell between $400-$500

Thanks all

Latest posts

Top Bottom