$20 Million CMP shooting park coming to OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this needs moved that is fine. I thought it was huge news that needed a wider audience. I was watching Shooting USA today and they had a feature on the new CMP shooting park in Talladega. At the very end of the segment they talked about building 3 more parks in USA. They then said they were scouting for a spot for the 2nd in OKC!!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three more shooting parks? I know they've had a lucrative business selling surplus firearms these past few decades, and they have donors with hefty wallets, but is their trust fund really that sizable??

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's hoping this happens. I'd love to shoot more Garand and service rifle matches, and could possibly even get into smallbore. It would be a good place to hold Appleseeds too, like they do at the Talladega facility.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spoke with Mark Johnson, their COO, briefly earlier this year at the CMP Games. He said that he would like to see a total of five Parks, as a minimum, scattered across the country. With 5 Parks and Camp Perry, that's a whole lot of fun to be had.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news, but I'd bet a shooting park couldn't sustain itself with 03's, carbine, and Garand shooters. There just isn't enough of those folks unless they are getting sponsorships from the Gov.. Hope I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom