2011 game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Glock is a “buy once and you’re good but most don’t realize it” pistol
You know, and I'm not saying there is anything is wrong with Glock's because the truth is they're reliable and a pretty good gun, especially for the price. But the fact of the matter is there is no such thing as one gun fits all. For some, and I'll even go as far to say many, a Glock is a perfectly fine weapon but for others, myself included, it just doesn't sit right in my hands and because of that I don't shoot as well with it as I do with other guns, like my 1911's or my Sig's. So to say it's a 'buy once and you're good' just isn't true.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Glock. I bought my first one almost 35 years ago.

But there's nothing wrong with a nice double-stack 1911 (or 2011), either.

I have a KDS9c and it's fantastic. It's as light as a Glock 17 (OK...it's .5 ounces heavier but it's also all metal so your dog can't chew it up), it's shorter than a 17 in overall length and height, it's slightly narrower (by just a hair), standard mag capacity is close (15 vs 17...but optional 18 round mags are available), and it has a trigger that a Glock will never have. It's also optic-ready and has a style that Glock can't match. The style doesn't really matter to me but it does look really good. A Glock just looks like any number of other striker-fired, plastic pistols just more squared off.

A big downside to the Kimber is the mags are outrageously expensive. But they have frequent sales so it makes them a bit more affordable. They're also all steel so they won't crack and deform over time like Glock mags have been prone to do.

I owned a Kimber Pro BP Ten back in the day and it was pretty cool, too.

And I agree with @Gadsden ...there is no one-gun-fits-all solution for everyone.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No reason to buy a gun with a garbage trigger, sights and ergos. Too many good choices out there..... 2011 or not.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, and I'm not saying there is anything is wrong with Glock's because the truth is they're reliable and a pretty good gun, especially for the price. But the fact of the matter is there is no such thing as one gun fits all. For some, and I'll even go as far to say many, a Glock is a perfectly fine weapon but for others, myself included, it just doesn't sit right in my hands and because of that I don't shoot as well with it as I do with other guns, like my 1911's or my Sig's. So to say it's a 'buy once and you're good' just isn't true.
Quit messing with my trolling

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Glock is a “buy once and you’re good but most don’t realize it” pistol
A Glock is the firearm equivalent of a Handyman. "A Jack of all trades, and master of none." Glocks were designed so that anyone with a pulse can operate them with minimal training and function reliably with acceptable results. Kind of like taking your Camaro to the Daytona 500. It'll run and finish and be fun doing it, but there's better things to do the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom