2012 Rut Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been seeing BIG bucks cruising the last two days. Saw a spike chasing two does today. The big boys are definetly on their feet. Gonna pull a all day sit tomorrow.

my folks are having their thanksgiving tomorrow so i have to take out just long enough to eat and say hello and back to woods i go,good luck to you

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's full on in my area. I've been out for the last two days/evenings, and they were kinda in to it. Now the dies are in lock down mode. I went from 12 or do a sit, two three this morning. All fawns. Mommas have been cut out.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went out in watonga this weekend. did not see a deer one from friday evening to sunday monring hunting hard...where did they go??????? all the feeders have corn laying on the ground (lots) like they have not been there for 2-4 days? are they bucked up somewhere?

had a guy down there for 9 days hunting straight said he say a couple little spikes that were not interested and then would see roughly 4-6 does a sitting and the last three days zero.

beats me will see what is happening mid week with these guys.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its called doe lock down. The does that aren't ready are hiding, and the ones that are ready have been cut out, and are being tended with bucks.
If your buck to doe ratio is 1-1 or close, the bucks really move trying to find another doe to breed.
If your like my place to hunt its 40 some does to 1 buck, so they bucks don't cruise. One has to look for where they have the does cut out. In my area, its in the crp grass.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
seen a shooter yesterday chasing at 300 yrds,was waaiting for him to get within 100yrds of my son when the nieghbors pulled up to fence and ran them off,also seen 3 different bucks chasing this evening

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i shot a buck yesterday chasing , he was 20' behind a doe when ate some lead. it was the third buck of the morning . the first 2 had checked known doe bedding area across from my stand

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from Kaw lake. Saw a ton of does and a few bucks. Had a small 6 behind a doe, but he wasn't bothering her. Yesterday morning, I saw antlers walking through the brush at 250 yards, when I finally got him in my scope, it was a mature 8 point, but he was quartering hard and started to trot. I passed up the shot. 15 minutes later, my buddy's dad shot him. Said he came barreling through and he stopped him with a grunt. His neck was swollen, tarsals had some stank on em, but weren't real dark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom