2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Ed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I just couldn't do it. Not just the money, but the fact that I've owned several Willys over the years. Every one of those old beasties would be ashamed to have their name on such a high tech classy lookin vehicle that can't be repaired in a remote location with a screw driver, pair of pliers and some bailing wire!
Good luck with your decision. That's my .02 worth :urwelcome:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crazy. I paid $4800 for my YJ. It's my first Jeep with fuel injection. It is 5 speed with a 4.0. Eventually I'll spend a couple hundred when I put a different rear end in it, with limited slip (I have had both "lockers" and limited slip in Jeeps that are daily drivers, and limited slip may be a bit more, but is much street friendlier, especially on a sheet of ice) from the right salvage yard Ford.

My body is rust free, and my paint is faded and ugly. Everything works. That gives me sweet, blissful freedom to drive my Jeep in nasty brush, narrow wooded paths, and stupid places to take anything with four wheels. The top has been off for a week now. It sat out in the rain last night. Big deal.

I'd never spend $30K on a Jeep. Insane. Even my CJ7 with BIG axles, ARBs front and rear, a REAL roll cage and a V8 with a welder under the hood was 1/3 less. That's a REAL Jeep. Don't wast the money, unless you just want to. But, hey, it's your money!

willystruck is right. Not an appropriate name for it. There is nothing Willys about that plastic thing.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my 2013 JKU. Depending on how serious you want to get with it, you're better off not buying a Rubi. Build your Jeep, don't buy it.

I have mine lifted 2.5" and with the Bilstein 5100 shocks, it rides just as great as it did stock. It's no Cadillac, but you can't expect it to ride like one considering the solid front axle.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is mine, it's a 2013 sport with a 3" lift and 35" tires.
20140303_163730.jpg

TurnedTurtle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Jeep fan here and I have turned turtle (rolled over) more than my share of times. I will give you a little safety advise to consider. If you are going to use it off road at all be sure and check your head clearance to the roll bar. I am not that tall but in a JK when the drivers seat is set comfortable my head is only about 2" from roll bar. To close for when you get jostled around offroad. A TJ has more clearance to roll bar and you could get a nice one for half that price.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Jeep fan here and I have turned turtle (rolled over) more than my share of times. I will give you a little safety advise to consider. If you are going to use it off road at all be sure and check your head clearance to the roll bar. I am not that tall but in a JK when the drivers seat is set comfortable my head is only about 2" from roll bar. To close for when you get jostled around offroad. A TJ has more clearance to roll bar and you could get a nice one for half that price.

Serious off roaders should consider an aftermarket or custom roll bar as the factory roll bar lacks significant protection. Of course this is aimed more at the guys that are running more than stock set ups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom