2020 Olympics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this also mean that all of OSU's 50 gazillion wrastling "National Championships" can't be used to declare them better than OU now?

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this also mean that all of OSU's 50 gazillion wrastling "National Championships" can't be used to declare them better than OU now?

What does this have to do with the OP?
Are you trolling?
OU has one of the top wrestling programs and has sen wrestlers to the Olympics.

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both OU and OSU have rich wrestling histories.....many great wrestlers, we are know as a strong wrestling state. You can both be proud! : )

I began wrestling at four years old, and I do like to watch Olympic caliber wrestling. However, I can see how it would be a bit slow for the average person. Even so, it IS one of the original Olympic events, and deserved to be kept imo.

Maybe if it had been as showy as pankration?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does this have to do with the OP?
Are you trolling?
OU has one of the top wrestling programs and has sen wrestlers to the Olympics.

I'm just using the subject to poke (no pun intended) fun at the OSU fans who continually tout all of the National Championships the school has won when confronted with the facts of OU's football superiority. It's just a joke... not to be taken seriously or to get anyone in an uproar.

It does, though, have everything to do with the OP. The subject is wrestling and it's validity as seen by the worldwide community. I'd like to know if this action by the IOC will cause wrestling programs within the US at the collegiate level to at the last suffer a perception issue and at the most be seriously effected by the move.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent the last couple weekends at the State Fairgrounds watching kids in the state tournament. Yeah it's a big deal in Oklahoma and quite a few other states. One of the truest from of sport. But then it's not for everyone. Out of a house full of boys I was the only one not to wrestle. All my other brothers got college scholarship from the sport. Me? My brain was all they wanted.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrestling used to be a pretty big deal at OU and I think an even bigger deal at OSU. I don't know if it still is. I can't wrap my mind around those bastages eliminating wrestling in favor of some of the new crap. What's the Olympics without wrestling? And softball for that matter!

cagle119

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree some of the sports should be dropped from the olympics, but definitely not wrestling. How about badmintin or synchonized diving or where they dance with a ribbon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom