2021 rifle season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to come home a tad early and we made it to our spot right before 7. I let the GF pick which side of the tree she wanted and it cost me lol. 3 does come walking through, then right behind them was this guy. 9 pointer, would've been 10 but he looks to have broken one fighting. Prolly where he got the shiner too! She put him down with her .243
Very nice! :thumb:

The deer ain't bad either...
:drunk2:
___

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to come home a tad early and we made it to our spot right before 7. I let the GF pick which side of the tree she wanted and it cost me lol. 3 does come walking through, then right behind them was this guy. 9 pointer, would've been 10 but he looks to have broken one fighting. Prolly where he got the shiner too! She put him down with her .243
Looks like a good one! Buck is okay also I guess.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice one congrats to her and her guide

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not shoot anything this morning, but I did not see any rutting activity. I saw one nice (but young) nine point. He was hanging out w/ a small 6 point buck.
Later, I saw four doe and no other bucks around.
Figured I would see a little more chase action.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My roomate texted me that he shot a Spike with his new Rossi 44 Lever, using some Winchester 260gr high performance 44 mag. Knocked the deer flat, he got up trotted off bleeding alot, My roomate and another friend trailed him across three of the neighboring properties, blood went from cup of blood to a few drops and then they lost the trail. While looking along the creek the deer was paralleling, my roomate stepped into an old beaver hole, Jammed him up, nothing broken but he will be hobbling for a few days from it and insult to injury he did not recover the deer. He said it was a pretty small bodied deer. Taking a hard slam from a 44 Mag out of a carbine and then run off, They are tough critters

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My roomate texted me that he shot a Spike with his new Rossi 44 Lever, using some Winchester 260gr high performance 44 mag. Knocked the deer flat, he got up trotted off bleeding alot, My roomate and another friend trailed him across three of the neighboring properties, blood went from cup of blood to a few drops and then they lost the trail. While looking along the creek the deer was paralleling, my roomate stepped into an old beaver hole, Jammed him up, nothing broken but he will be hobbling for a few days from it and insult to injury he did not recover the deer. He said it was a pretty small bodied deer. Taking a hard slam from a 44 Mag out of a carbine and then run off, They are tough critters
I ask because I'm a bit curious and maybe unecessarily miffed but why would your buddy shoot a spike?

Latest posts

Top Bottom