2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He went down the second I shot him. Did a couple of kicks, then jumped up and ran. I thought he was hit hard the way he instantly dropped.
If he went down like that, I bet you clipped a bone. The shock will drop them even if not a mortal wound. Maybe grazed the sternum? Or possibly just passed really close to the spine and the shock put him down for a moment.

I’ve told the story before, but my daughter hit a big 10 pt square in the shoulder with a 300 blackout at 200 yds. He dropped instantly, got up and wobbled to the fence, jumped it and went down again. Never found the deer. A month later, the neighbor kid shot the buck and found her bullet embedded in the shoulder blade. Nothing mortal about the wound at all but the shock of the bullet against the bone put him down like a ton of bricks.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at gas station, yesterday. My buddy comes in, limping. I asked what was going on and he starts laughing.

He had lost some chickens and been hearing yotes yodeling. Saturday morning, he goes to back pasture, sets up on hill and starts calling. About an hour and he has seen NOTHING.
He starts to call and a yote bites him in posterior. It had snuck up behind him. Was standing between his legs. He was prone and well camouflaged.

Had a trip to Dr, shots and 10 stitches. Plus the embarrassment.

Never got a shot off, that yote was booking it, after discovering his mistake.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at gas station, yesterday. My buddy comes in, limping. I asked what was going on and he starts laughing.

He had lost some chickens and been hearing yotes yodeling. Saturday morning, he goes to back pasture, sets up on hill and starts calling. About an hour and he has seen NOTHING.
He starts to call and a yote bites him in posterior. It had snuck up behind him. Was standing between his legs. He was prone and well camouflaged.

Had a trip to Dr, shots and 10 stitches. Plus the embarrassment.

Never got a shot off, that yote was booking it, after discovering his mistake.
what in the He double l is the chance of that? truly amazing besides the hurt.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy’s yard near sorghum mill and Midwest boulevard
2FB40986-6F75-43DD-B326-6BB5DE1E50DC.png

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I walked out back to feed the cat and he was mounted on the 3D target. He got so exhausted once he fell over. He would walk around with a strange look and proceed to mount again. This went on for 30 min that I know of. He didn't mind the cat watching either.
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1822.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom