2022 Health insurance vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘m a God loving constitution believing red blooded veteran American with my oldest God loving red blooded patriotic American son serving in the Army now.

Ive never done anything but PRODUCED in this country and i‘m at the point I support single payer healthcare. That’s right, when the producers in the middle are getting ****ed by a system like this we should all share in the pain. .gov employees, Congress, everyone should be in the same plan, a universal single payer health care system. Let’s all get in this brown water together.
THAT is precisely what Obamacare was supposed to create. Your mindset of wanting single payer healthcare. Obamacare was DESIGNED TO FAIL!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...ares-tax-hikes-and-subsidies-from-the-public/
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2014/11/12/lead-sot-inhofe-obamacare-archictect-calls-stupid.cnn

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it was odd that health insurance covered all of the small things like regular visits and stuff.

Could you imagine how expensive your car insurance would be if it was used for all of your maintenance? Oil changes would start costing hundreds of dollars before long and you wouldn't notice until your insurance went up.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its all a giant **** sandwich, but hey someones got to pay for those who get the free ****.

As much as I dispise my health insurance plan, I really really hate the prescription plan, those ****ers can choke on a bag of dicks.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, when you get sick or injured just go the hospital and refuse to answer their questions.

works for the illegals.
that is something that pisses me off, illegals have always got free health care, my old BCBS policy had an extra fee to cover the poor and those without insurance, so how is it obumercare covered more people? the medical bankruptcy was another big bs argument, I know people who had to take medical bankruptcy and pretty much they just walked scot free

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought it was odd that health insurance covered all of the small things like regular visits and stuff.

Could you imagine how expensive your car insurance would be if it was used for all of your maintenance? Oil changes would start costing hundreds of dollars before long and you wouldn't notice until your insurance went up.
the difference between my BCBS policy pre obamacare almost everything was covered at any hospital or doctor in any state, $3,500 deductible, out of state deductible was higher, I thought it sucked until post obamacare were hardly anything is covered, and you can only go to certain doctors, and a choice of 2 hospitals nearby if I go to the wrong Dr. or hospital I pay 80%, with hardly any coverage you would think my premiums would be next to zero , but no I got a premium that was about $50 per month cheaper and a $8,500 deductible, I got out of the obamacare deal and went direct, not any cheaper, but i dont have to worry about obumercare cancelling my policy every 30 days

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is right, but not right.

I'm going to get in the weeds here a just little, so skip this post if you don't have a business making active income. (landlords I don't think qualify because it's passive income).

First, your health insurance premiums should never, ever, ever be paid by yourself. They should be paid for by your business. If you pay for them yourself out of your pocket you cannot, by law, deduct the premiums. Let me say it plainly: THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE PAYING YOUR PREMIUMS. You made this money, don't lose it by giving it to the government.

Second, if you have a simple LLC and make more than 40k/year you're doing it wrong. You should convert to an S-Corp or just shoot yourself because you're losing a ton of money. That S Corp will pay your premiums.

Third, don't look on healthcare.gov for your HDHP (High deductible health plan, $2800 or more). Check out a site like Health Sherpa
Many plans offer FREE doctor visits etc, even with a high deductible for hospital work.
Once you find your high deductible health plan and get all the subsidies you qualify for, you can start your HSA. I think it's $7k you can put in per year for families. You cal also wait until something medical pops up, then put money in your HSA and immediately write a check to the doctor before the money gets cold. Poof! tax deduction.
Once it's funded, if you don't spend it right away, invest it. If you let it sit in an account that's dumb. You're losing money off of inflation. Invest every penny so you'll grow it while you sleep.
You can also pay out of pocket for HSA qualified expenses and just get reimbursed from your HSA account if you have the funds so you don't have to sell investments to pay for your doctor expenses.

HSAs are funded before tax, they grow tax free, you can invest them in anything (almost) that you want, and they pay out at any time for medical crap you don't want to pay for anyway.

Some stupid things you can buy with your HSA:
Tylenol and Advil
Heartburn pills
Allergy meds
Tampons and pads
Dental work and braces
Contact lenses
Over the counter meds
Heating pads
House smelly devices (like a diffuser)
Baby monitors (that you can use for security cameras.....)
First aid kits (we loves those here, don't we?)
and so much other stuff you wouldn't imagine.

Another thing about HSAs, if you turn 59 1/2 you get to pull all the money out if you want for any reason, you just have to pay tax on it. By that age you should have enough in your deduction bucket you're carrying over every year that the taxes should be near zero.

And if you die, it goes to your wife's HSA. If she dies? It turns into an IRA for your kids. This money never, ever disappears and it just follows your family around forever for them to use as they see fit.

Hope that helps. It's what we do and honestly we've got more in there than we'll use in the next 10 years unless something catastrophic happens, all growing tax free.
Thanks. I'm studying HSAs and I'm thinking they probably make sense for us. Health Sherpa is basically showing the same plans that I'm seeing on Helathcare.gov. Obamacare basically killed the option out there. Interestingly, it recommends the plan that I mentioned at the start of the thread. Don't think it showed HSA qualified on the .gov site, but they had one that was slightly more expensive that was qualified.

I wonder why HSA qualified plans are higher premium than non? Is their administration the $80+ per month increase?

Where do you have your HSA set up?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm studying HSAs and I'm thinking they probably make sense for us. Health Sherpa is basically showing the same plans that I'm seeing on Helathcare.gov. Obamacare basically killed the option out there. Interestingly, it recommends the plan that I mentioned at the start of the thread. Don't think it showed HSA qualified on the .gov site, but they had one that was slightly more expensive that was qualified.

I wonder why HSA qualified plans are higher premium than non? Is their administration the $80+ per month increase?

Where do you have your HSA set up?

I have mine set up here..... no issues and user friendly..

https://livelyme.com/

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agree, I've thought the same thing. Paying to see the doctor is reasonable and would eliminate some of the silly costs and time wasters.

In addition to the insurance, we pay a doctor a fee directly every month. He does not deal with insurance at all. Everyone pays him directly every month. The cost of it is creeping up too, but the level of service is great. He doesn't have to worry about having people come in if a text will do. He doesn't mark up stuff like labs or x rays that he does in the office. So, I don't need any primary care doctor coverage from insurance. But with obamacare, all that, including pregnancy, is forced into the plans. I'd be curious what these plans would cost if we could strip out all the preventative dr visits etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom