2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This pond usually only produces scaups and spoonies. Only thing we saw this morning was mallards. And we didn’t see many of those. One hen and one drake got away. Great morning hunting with my son. It’s nice to have him put the waders on and do all the calling. I was dragging him with me when he was 7 or 8 and had to do all the work.
Ah, one of the benefits of aging!
7D6D1C4A-EFEB-4416-826C-955DF15572CB.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy and I have been twice so far this season and stopped hunting each time after we both had a couple and then just sat in the blind, drank coffee and shot the bull for an hour or so.....we both enjoy duck hunting but neither one of us is super crazy about eating ducks and for us a little bit goes a long way so there's no reason for us to stack em deep.

We get a lot of GWT, Gadwall and Widgeon on the pond we hunt but hardly ever see any Mallards.....we plan on going a couple more times after Christmas before the season closes on Jan. 28th.

dh.jpg

Last edited:

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy and I have been twice so far this season and stopped hunting each time after we both had a couple and then just sat in the blind, drank coffee and shot the bull for an hour or so.....we both enjoy duck hunting but neither one of us is super crazy about eating ducks and for us a little bit goes a long way so there's no reason for us to stack em deep.

We get a lot of GWT, Gadwall and Widgeon on the pond we hunt but hardly ever see any Mallards.....we plan on going a couple more times after Christmas before the season closes on Jan. 28th.

View attachment 439798

“Something in the orange.”

I’d definitely have that photo blown up and on the wall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom