.22 for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.22 pistol fro CCW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've assisted on a few ccw classes and from what I've seen, some small/older women just can't handle a 380/9mm/.38spl. very well. Training can help of course; but if you are comfortable with a reliable .22lr, that's better than nothing. Shoot somebody in the face with a .22lr and let's see how they like it.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a .22Mag NAA as a BUG in my t-shirt pocket. Most of you know by now that Hornady and Winchester have developed some pretty hot .22Mag rounds for short barreled pistols and revolvers. I've done some penetration and expansion tests with both. Out of my NAA they are not very impressive. Out of an 8 inch barreled Excel .22Mag pistol they are very impressive. Out of a PMR-30 I suspect they would be somewhere in between, since it has a shorter barrel than the Excel. CCI Stingers, shot through my Colt Woodsman gave penetration and expansion equal to either of the .22Mag fired from my NAA.

So based on the above, if I carried a .22 it would be loaded with Stingers. 10 Stingers would be better than the 5 .22Mags my NAA holds. And I sure wouldn't bad mouth anyone who made the same choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom