.22 for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.22 pistol fro CCW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 shorts are used to kill cows in packing houses.
They upgrade to .22lr for the bulls.

They drop instantly. Its all about placement.

Ok, I know its a perfect situation, but, at one time the Okla Dept of Wildlife said more deer were poached by .22 lr, than killed during season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill carry my .22 mag from time to to due to its tiny. It will do as well as a .380 or .32. Lots more velocity

I responded to a post a year or so ago about this subject,, and put my .22 mag Davis Derringer, 2" barrel across a chronograph. After 10 rounds, the max velocity was 900 fps.

pretty close to a .380, but not as much bullet for penetration.

The .22 mag is a rifle round, not as robust in a pistol.

I have pics, but don't feel like going through 1500 pics on my photobucket to find it, but I will if necessary.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22 shorts are used to kill cows in packing houses.
They upgrade to .22lr for the bulls.

They drop instantly. Its all about placement.

Ok, I know its a perfect situation, but, at one time the Okla Dept of Wildlife said more deer were poached by .22 lr, than killed during season.

Cows and deer ain't shooting back, I'm not saying the .22 isn't deadly, but w/o a perfect shot what are the odds the ole double deuce is putting down that crazy man high on meth?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cows and deer ain't shooting back, I'm not saying the .22 isn't deadly, but w/o a perfect shot what are the odds the ole double deuce is putting down that crazy man high on meth?

I'm just putting out info, not Self Defense information, and I said so in my post.

One shot to the forehead will stop anybody in their tracks, or one through the mouth that impacts the spine, so its all doable.

Lots of folks have survived multiple hits from a .45apc. Its all about placement.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom