22 match ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lapua, SK (a subsidiary of Lapua), RWS, Eley, and Wolf (made by SK) are all good brands. There are grades within each brand, and they get pricey quick. You'll be looking at $40-60 per brick to start, and can easily get to over $100 per brick with the higher end stuff.

I shoot RWS Target Rifle, or SK standard. I've tried the more expensive lines, like RWS R50, and there is a difference. Mainly you get less fliers, but it's too much of a premium for the slight increase in performance when I'm just shooting for fun.

Benchrest shooting quickly turns into an expensive game if you want to be competitive.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wolf and SKJagd ammo (both madse by SKJ) are solid performers. There are also many varieties and price ranges of Lapua and Eley ammo from which to choose.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
.22 rifles, and handguns are the most finiky guns on the market. Each has its on issues with ammo, and the best advice as has already been given is to buy a box of 50rds each of every type you can put your hands on, and start from there and keep records of how each performed. I have several .22 rifles and pistols, and each has it favorites.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first got my Ruger 77/22, I shot groups with 15 different .22 rounds and was amazed at the results. The el cheapo Federal blue box .22 shot the tightest groups of all and this included eley match ammo. I think each .22 has its own quirks.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first got my Ruger 77/22, I shot groups with 15 different .22 rounds and was amazed at the results. The el cheapo Federal blue box .22 shot the tightest groups of all and this included eley match ammo. I think each .22 has its own quirks.

you know... strangely enough, Remington Golden's run the best in pretty much all of my stuff.

Fine with me... it's one of the cheapest.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree that each .22 is different and you need to see what works best for your gun. Buy a box of each and try 'em. I like CCI, Fiocci match, or Goldens.

iriediver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thought i would jump in, any recommendations for a ruger 10/22 with bull barrell, scoped and a sw 15/22. i have tried to pick up every gun i enjoy shooting in 22 cal so i can afford to shoot.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thought i would jump in, any recommendations for a ruger 10/22 with bull barrell, scoped and a sw 15/22. i have tried to pick up every gun i enjoy shooting in 22 cal so i can afford to shoot.

I honestly, dont have any issues with Federal Bulk through my 10/22. No accuracy complaints or FTFs. IMO, or at least through my gun, they are GTG,.... AND CHEAP.

I've also had good luck with American Eagle. Dont know why but it seems "cleaner" than most .22s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom