.22LR Ammo in Tulsa at Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the standard velocity rounds through my rifles are almost as loud with a can as without. I was just trying to give you an excuse to buy a threaded 22 pistol so you could shoot whatever bullets you wanted and make no noise at all. Im thinking about buying a M&P 15-22 Sport MOE for my girl. Nice guns.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart has 10x the buying power of Academy. There is no reason ammos shouldn't be on the shelf like academy unless there is an issue at Walmart.
Let's take Tulsa for an example. Academy has three stores in the immediate Tulsa area: two in Tulsa and one in Owasso. If you add in the five other stores in the rest of the state, Academy has eight stores in all of Oklahoma.
Walmart has at least 13 Supercenters in the Tulsa area (including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Sand Springs, Jenks, Sapulpa, Glenpool, and Coweta. There are as many Walmart Supercenters in Broken Arrow as there are Academys in all of northeast Oklahoma! When you add in the rest of the Walmarts in Oklahoma, there are probably at least ten times as many Walmarts as Academys. If Walmart has ten times the buying power as Academy and buys ten times as much .22 LR as Academy and still has trouble, then how much more would Walmart have to buy to keep the shelves full?

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the standard velocity rounds through my rifles are almost as loud with a can as without. I was just trying to give you an excuse to buy a threaded 22 pistol so you could shoot whatever bullets you wanted and make no noise at all. Im thinking about buying a M&P 15-22 Sport MOE for my girl. Nice guns.

The M&P 15-22 is a great rifle....my favorite one right now, even over my AR15. If you do get one for your girl, be sure to purchase the Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor to replace the stock S&W extractor. Almost everyone has FTE (failure to ejects) with the 15-22. Smith and Wesson has my 15-22 right now because I had an out of battery discharge and it blew my extractor completely out. I didn't notice that I lost my extractor, so I kept on shooting. At some point during my session, I lost my extractor spring and extractor plunger. So, they are repairing my 15-22 right now, and I hope to have it back VERY SOON. I shoot it every day. So much fun to shoot. Also, Bass Pro matched Cabela's price on the 15-22, and I saved a bunch of money.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P 15-22 is a great rifle....my favorite one right now, even over my AR15. If you do get one for your girl, be sure to purchase the Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor to replace the stock S&W extractor. Almost everyone has FTE (failure to ejects) with the 15-22. Smith and Wesson has my 15-22 right now because I had an out of battery discharge and it blew my extractor completely out. I didn't notice that I lost my extractor, so I kept on shooting. At some point during my session, I lost my extractor spring and extractor plunger. So, they are repairing my 15-22 right now, and I hope to have it back VERY SOON. I shoot it every day. So much fun to shoot. Also, Bass Pro matched Cabela's price on the 15-22, and I saved a bunch of money.

Thanks for the info. I think thats what she wants from Santa so I got to start saving my pennies. And I still lack a few pieces for her 300 blackout AR but Ill get it all done some day.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOO you're building her a 300 Blackout? You must really love her! That is a FANTASTIC firearm. I spoke to S&W customer service yesterday. They said that they replaced the extractor, plunger, and spring in my bolt carrier, and replaced the upper receiver. I had many stovepipes, and when those hot little brass casings get stuck between the bolt and the ejection port, they started to melt the edge of the ejection port (since the upper is polymer). The great part is that Smith and Wesson customer service is awesome, and my 15-22 is on my way back to me. They had it a full week, which is pretty dang good if you ask me. I'm impressed.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah she has a Ruger American Ranch Compact in 223 but Im not comfortable with her shooting at deer with that. They made it in a blackout too but quit making the ranch compact all together and the 223 is all I could find. I have just about everything for her AR except the stripped upper and BCG and charge handle. Maybe a few odd pieces. I already have one AR in blackout so just makes it convenient.

Sounds like you may have that S&W all lined out.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy in Stillwater has been my go-to place for a while now,,,
Just yesterday I purchased 1,000 rounds of Mini-Mags for $7.99 per hundred,,,
That's only 1.5 cents more per round than I was paying at Wal-Mart before the Obama driven shortage.

I do wish they would get more of those 400 round "bricks" of Federal American Eagle,,,
At $19.99 per brick that comes out to 4.5 cents per round,,,
And all of my semi-auto pistols run it very nicely.

I'm sitting on a dedicated $200.00 for when they get more in,,,
I would love to score 4,000 rounds of that stuff.

Aarond

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wal-Mart is a joke and I have no idea why they can't stock 22LR.I buy all I want at Academy on 81st and 169 and if they don't have it Bullitt Firearms in BA keeps it in stock all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom