23yr old very expd tree climber i have family wrks slow i need stable income ideas???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoot to kill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a hard working trustworthy guy. Needn different job or ?? I've worked hard to be very good at Wat I do which is tree climbing workd for a lot of big tree services steady! even nosak (ya ya I know) was on show too nosak raw lol. Anyways Bought all my own gear and made a lot of money workn, traveled to about every major storm in last few years Kentucky,new Hampshire,Iowa, even went to north Carolina for hurricane scare. I have a lot of relaible ppl to vouch to my hard work. I'm married with a 8 month old baby, wife works at boomerang diner. So with me workin a lot too it was great but now works jus too slow n times are tight, I need to find a better job, i can do about any labor like roofing, can run bobcats, bucket truck, can drive big air brake trucks even have drove a peterbuilt semi, good drivers liscense but no Cdl. Id appreciate any advice or direction on my job hunt thanx. Jr 918-304-1497cell

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you already have stick-time in big trucks, getting a CDL seems like the logical choice. With you exp with the equipment, that would be a bonus for companies that deliver sod and building materials. That kind of job would also keep you from having to run OTR and be away from home weeks at a time. You can't make up time to your kids. Trust me. Been there, done that. If you go to one of the outfits that pay for your training, you will have to tun OTR for them for a while. You might be eligible for vocational retraining money thru OESC to go to a local CDL school. Good luck!

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good opportunity for the long haul would be the lineman program @ OSU-Okmulgee. It is a two-year program that includes some academic coursework and lots of hands-on stuff. They start students out early in the program climbing poles to separate the sheep from the goats; some can't do the physical rigor and others find that being 50' in the air with hooks and a belt is not like climbing to their tree stand. After the first couple of semesters students go to the field for OJT with different companies and are paid $14 & up per hour depending on the company they intern with. Those who complete the program will have an Associate of Arts degree and pretty much guaranteed employment. Since you live in Okmulgee and are already a climber it sounds like a great fit. You may qualify for some financial aid or start out getting your math, English, etc. out of the way as a part time student.

Cedar Creek

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any leads, but good luck. You sound hard working and like you have the desire so hang in there, it will work out.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, if you are wanting to be seriously considered, you might post and write clearer. There are several professional people on here that you can network with, but when you post with bad grammar, and like you are writing a text message, you don't paint a very flattering picture of yourself. Like it or not, people judge you by the way you communicate, verbally and written.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Run for public office?? Lol although from the sound of things u've got integrity and that's not a very good trait to have if ur gonna be ib public office. Put me down for recommending a CDL as well people always need stuff moved from a to b.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second this

A good opportunity for the long haul would be the lineman program @ OSU-Okmulgee. It is a two-year program that includes some academic coursework and lots of hands-on stuff. They start students out early in the program climbing poles to separate the sheep from the goats; some can't do the physical rigor and others find that being 50' in the air with hooks and a belt is not like climbing to their tree stand. After the first couple of semesters students go to the field for OJT with different companies and are paid $14 & up per hour depending on the company they intern with. Those who complete the program will have an Associate of Arts degree and pretty much guaranteed employment. Since you live in Okmulgee and are already a climber it sounds like a great fit. You may qualify for some financial aid or start out getting your math, English, etc. out of the way as a part time student.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom