24 Times Citizens Used Guns to Save Lives in Last Six Weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The New York Slime once again strikes a blow for their fake news agenda: On January 12, 2017, the New York Times editorial boardclaimed, “The grim truth is that concealed-carry permit holders are rarely involved in stopping crime.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...l&utm_term=down-range&utm_campaign=20170817dr
24 Times Citizens Used Guns to Save Lives in Last Six Weeks
by AWR Hawkins 11 Aug 2017

..."We do not hear about DGUs from the establishment media because it goes against their gun control template. So Breitbart News thought it would be beneficial to pull together 24 examples of citizens using guns defensively over the past six weeks. In some of these instances the citizen did not have to pull the trigger—just brandishing the weapon was enough—but in some of the incidents the citizen did have to fire, wounding or killing robbery and/or assault suspects."...(bold text my emphasis)

Last edited:

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but I am not included it those numbers. Last week I engaged a particularly violent Armadillo as it raced towards my house from the road, my dogs were dumbfounded by the sheer audacity of the little varmint. Well, knowing that my dog's lives were in danger from the obvious Leprosy known to be carried by said armadilla, i jaunted into the house and latched onto my always ready and completely trusty Winchester 94 30-30. As I made my way through the front door one of my 5 Great Pyrenees was engaging in mortal combat with the devious bastard in question, fearing for my beloved beast, I called him off, took aim with my Winnie and let loose the hound of Hell. The perpetrator drop instantly, small parts of whatever it was splattering the ground behind it. My beast ran to my side as if to say thank you for saving me. Please update the numbers accordingly. Thank you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit using weapons of mass destructions on those vermin.
My dogs love to roll in the rotten carnage, and my wife rains down hell upon my head and shoulders when that happens, so verily, I have submitted to using .22 solids against the beast of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but I am not included it those numbers. Last week I engaged a particularly violent Armadillo as it raced towards my house from the road, my dogs were dumbfounded by the sheer audacity of the little varmint. Well, knowing that my dog's lives were in danger from the obvious Leprosy known to be carried by said armadilla, i jaunted into the house and latched onto my always ready and completely trusty Winchester 94 30-30. As I made my way through the front door one of my 5 Great Pyrenees was engaging in mortal combat with the devious bastard in question, fearing for my beloved beast, I called him off, took aim with my Winnie and let loose the hound of Hell. The perpetrator drop instantly, small parts of whatever it was splattering the ground behind it. My beast ran to my side as if to say thank you for saving me. Please update the numbers accordingly. Thank you.
My beast ran to my side as if to say thank you for saving me.
More likely your 'beat' ran to your side thinking, 'damn-it mother f****r, I was having fun'. :goodmorning: :friday:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:yikes2: You have FIVE Great Pyreneeses?!?!??!?!?!?

I swear, as God is my witness, GPs are the single most stubborn breed of dog on the planet! You, sir, must have the patience of Job ... or are just a glutton for punishment. :thumbup3::werd:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes we do, they are wonderful at keeping the yotes at bay. They are hard headed but the nicest beasts ever. Scares the hell out of any delivery person, cannot tell ya how many times a UPS truck has pulled up honking...lol

Yep. They are VERY good at what they were bred for. And to be honest, any breed of dog that was bred to guard, herd or "be responsible" for protection work of any kind are INSANELY SMART and stubborn. The hard-headedness, I think, is by-product of them being smarter than most people. :anyone:

This little Bassett mix I have is SO smart. That's why he stays in trouble about half the time. I swear you can absolutely SEE the gears turning when he's up to something ... it doesn't help that he is smarter than his human, either ...:disappoin:teehee:

Latest posts

Top Bottom