This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cat does good work. His rates are kinda high though.
db6c0f880832e8300a86717f417fa48b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grackles will tear off those soffit screens and get inside in cold weather but will be moving in & out regularly. Check the soffits before you call anyone and if you see a screen torn loose then that's what's in there.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a live trap from atwoods. I had some squirrels get behind the wood siding on the second floor. Drove me nuts that I couldn't get the suckers. Finally a friend told me a live trap and sunflower seeds. Did the trick. I caught 11 in the yard over 3 weeks. Hauled them down to the river and turned'em loose. Figured the hawks need to eat.
Then had to remove the sheeting on the outside, reinsulate.
Squirrels are bad news.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the older rat poisons (Green Light, etc.) dehydrated the carcass to near mummification so you wouldn't have much (if any) odor.

IIRC, another feature was that it would make them very thirsty, so they'd leave your home in search of water.

And those chemicals may be banned now, dunno.

Luck. :drunk2:

mtnboomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midwest City (usually)/Eufaula (when possible)
Some of the older rat poisons (Green Light, etc.) dehydrated the carcass to near mummification so you wouldn't have much (if any) odor.

IIRC, another feature was that it would make them very thirsty, so they'd leave your home in search of water.

And those chemicals may be banned now, dunno.

Luck. :drunk2:

That's what the Tomcat bait will do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy a live trap from atwoods. I had some squirrels get behind the wood siding on the second floor. Drove me nuts that I couldn't get the suckers. Finally a friend told me a live trap and sunflower seeds. Did the trick. I caught 11 in the yard over 3 weeks. Hauled them down to the river and turned'em loose. Figured the hawks need to eat.
Then had to remove the sheeting on the outside, reinsulate.
Squirrels are bad news.
Good advice. Make sure you get the small live traps that are like 6" square for squirrels.
I've loaned mine to several folks that had the same issue.
Squirrels that are causing damage to your home, etc are legal to kill. Some transplant them, some remove them from the food chain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom