?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what a weak argument. Its not the teachers job to "go about" ways to getting more pay. Its the ok legislatures. they failed and failed again. (on purpose)

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would had more respect for ya'll had you just said it was about pay. You guys managed to hold the state government hostage for 2 weeks, and I'm guessing that was because the Gov caved so quick on the salary part. Hmmmmmm we got pay in pocket, lets see what else we can hold out for............

Gov Fallin should have began firing, or at least attempting to as soon as ya'll walked out. We all know it was a strike which is illegal in this state. Spin it how you want.

Edit; Let me be clear, I have said more than a few times I fully support the teacher getting more pay. Its the manner in which you went about it. Holding the Gov hostage for money that school districts had LOST ACCOUNTIBLITY of proves they cant manage money properly
Your posts would prove that you did not have any respect for teachers before the walkout.

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You posts would prove that you did not have any respect for teachers before the walkout.

There are a lot of people not in the business who really have no business making comments. These folks are part of the problem... NOT the solution.

My school district shut down. For the record.... I voted against a walkout every single time it came up. I
Made it clear multiple that of the district stayed open I would come to work and do my job. I can’t/couldn’t help that admin shut it down.

I dont appreciate being called a douche bag over something that was out of my control.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people not in the business who really have no business making comments. These folks are part of the problem... NOT the solution.

My school district shut down. For the record.... I voted against a walkout every single time it came up. I
Made it clear multiple that of the district stayed open I would come to work and do my job. I can’t/couldn’t help that admin shut it down.

I dont appreciate being called a douche bag over something that was out of my control.
I understand your reasoning for not voting for the walkout, I disagree with it, but I understand why you voted against it. By the time we hit the second week I was voting to return to work because I did not like the fact that it shifted away from education to a Blue/Red thing.
As far as being called a douche bag, he has called me that directly, I do not understand why he did not get a ban for it. I changed a "p" to a "b" in a members name as an insult and got a ban for it. He was mostly calling me one, but directed it at all teachers. Sometimes, I wonder if he knows that eventually we will run across each other, we have lunch with the same group of people. I am not sure why his views are in the extreme against education. I understand folks that want it privatized, but I think he is just opposed to teachers in general.
Do not let him bring you down to his level, you are doing great things for children and our state, even if people do not appreciate your efforts.

Last edited:

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many people don’t understand school finances. I have heard more times than I can count as to we have a carryover after each school year. They say spend it and get what you need. What they don’t understand is that from start of school next year until January without carryover you are broke.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A lot of "conservatives" or "Republicans" just don't understand the vicious circle, nor the irony, of knocking educators, or education in general, in a constant manner. I'd wager you're gonna see a number of democrats elected due to their stupidity.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of "conservatives" or "Republicans" just don't understand the vicious circle, nor the irony, of knocking educators, or education in general, in a constant manner. I'd wager you're gonna see a number of democrats elected due to their stupidity.
I would agree, it is funny to me because I am an ultra conservative. I have only voted for one Democrat in my life. I only did it then so I could tell the republican incumbent that they sucked so bad as a republican and person that it forced me to vote for a democrat for the first time in my life.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still have to pay coach playing or not. Their contract is for coaching even if it’s one practice and done, not by hour or days. You drop sports you also have to cancel state speech contest, FFA , etc.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So, what's the vicious circle and irony that Conservatives don't understand? There are a lot of things that school districts, school administrators and teachers do to bring the negativity from the community upon themselves. Much of it self induced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom