?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of people not in the business who really have no business making comments. These folks are part of the problem... NOT the solution.

My school district shut down. For the record.... I voted against a walkout every single time it came up. I
Made it clear multiple that of the district stayed open I would come to work and do my job. I can’t/couldn’t help that admin shut it down.

I dont appreciate being called a douche bag over something that was out of my control.
I get what your saying and yeah, I used the term pretty loosely. I realize that there are more than a few teachers that didnt want the walkout to begin with. So if you fall into that category, ignore my insult.

Like I have been saying, a LOT of teachers have been going on, "Its about the kids" when everyone knows that is a load of **** for more than a few of them, That's just human nature'. Its like guys that Join the military to "Serve" and then when the bullets start flyin, you find them crunched up in a ball crying, "I only joined for the college fund!!!!"

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what a weak argument. Its not the teachers job to "go about" ways to getting more pay. Its the ok legislatures. they failed and failed again. (on purpose)
I agree with you that the legaslatures failed OK time and again but then its funny how they found that missing $30m after the walk out was done

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every politician goes in with the dream of stopping the machine only to become a part of it.

Same thing in healthcare, I can tell ya. You think you're going to help people and "make a difference". When it's all said and done, you just want to get to the end of your workday and be able to pay off your debt. Can't wait to walk away from it all...

I guess that would be the difference from politics. Becoming a "career" politician is where you've got it made.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing in healthcare, I can tell ya. You think you're going to help people and "make a difference". When it's all said and done, you just want to get to the end of your workday and be able to pay off your debt. Can't wait to walk away from it all...

I guess that would be the difference from politics. Becoming a "career" politician is where you've got it made.
I "Know a guy" if ya wanna disappear to Tahiti LOL

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get what your saying and yeah, I used the term pretty loosely. I realize that there are more than a few teachers that didnt want the walkout to begin with. So if you fall into that category, ignore my insult.

Like I have been saying, a LOT of teachers have been going on, "Its about the kids" when everyone knows that is a load of **** for more than a few of them, That's just human nature'. Its like guys that Join the military to "Serve" and then when the bullets start flyin, you find them crunched up in a ball crying, "I only joined for the college fund!!!!"
I started to type out a long statement about how you limit your own abilities, but I will leave it at, I feel bad for you.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand your reasoning for not voting for the walkout, I disagree with it, but I understand why you voted against it. By the time we hit the second week I was voting to return to work because I did not like the fact that it shifted away from education to a Blue/Red thing.
As far as being called a douche bag, he has called me that directly, I do not understand why he did not get a ban for it. I changed a "p" to a "b" in a members name as an insult and got a ban for it. He was mostly calling me one, but directed it at all teachers. Sometimes, I wonder if he knows that eventually we will run across each other, we have lunch with the same group of people. I am not sure why his views are in the extreme against education. I understand folks that want it privatized, but I think he is just opposed to teachers in general.
Do not let him bring you down to his level, you are doing great things for children and our state, even if people do not appreciate your efforts.

To address the question, moderators do not instantly see every violation of forum rules as they occur. Unless we happen to see it ourselves, it is most often reported by another member, as the name calling issue mentioned above was. Once one of us logs on, we see there is a report that requires us to look at something. So when I got up this morning, I saw the report, acted upon it, the system did its job, the content was deleted, and the offending member was warned. Please folks, use that REPORT button to let us know when there is a questionable post or a clear violation of forum rules. Thank you.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
To address the question, moderators do not instantly see every violation of forum rules as they occur. Unless we happen to see it ourselves, it is most often reported by another member, as the name calling issue mentioned above was. Once one of us logs on, we see there is a report that requires us to look at something. So when I got up this morning, I saw the report, acted upon it, the system did its job, the content was deleted, and the offending member was warned. Please folks, use that REPORT button to let us know when there is a questionable post or a clear violation of forum rules. Thank you.
Thanks for handling the post and being fair about the rules. I will either ignore it or just use the report button in the future instead of making a follow-up post about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom