.277 Sig Fury Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading about this. Looks pretty cool, I'm very interested in the barrel technology they are implementing to maintain barrel integrity and make it viable for more than 1000-2000 rounds or whatever.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Solving a problem nobody asked to be solved. Proprietary cases (for now) that probably have a short reloading life span. Ludicrous 80k pressures and for what? A 140gr at 3000? I know barrels are consumables but you're going to torch a barrel faster than a 6mm creed or 22X47.

I'll stick with my 130s at 2900 out of my creedmoor or 109s at near 3000 out of my GT. If you wanna go faster the 6.5 and 7SAUM will do it and 6.5PRC will do it with off the shelf ammo.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Notice he stated aluminum washer inside the case.
No wet tumbling allowed.
Citric acid will eat that aluminum and think about electrolysis if you introduce water even without an acid.

Barrel heat at 80K psi will be brutal.
But if it is for military and is accurate and reliable and better than the current weapons
then go for it, give our guys the best we can.

I have no need for it. My 22" barrel 30-06 has a sweet spot at 3176fps with 155gr bullet.
Measured 20 feet from the muzzle. No operating rods in my Bolt action to contend with.

But it is new and many people love to jump on the latest greatest.
I did the same when I got a 6.5 Creedmoor. but I waited a until last year to get one.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This ammo is being developed for the military not necessarily for the civilian bench rest shooter/reloader.

Latest posts

Top Bottom