2nd newbie question about measuring powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive heard a lot of bad things about the really exspensive digital powder scales and have something that might make the people that have paid a lot for there digital scales a bit on the angerd side. I smoke a hooka every now and than and when i was at the local head shop found that they sold some cheap digital scales that mesured points. on a whim i looked at them wondering if maby they would do grains and sure enough i found one that is a silver modle that is bout the same size as a persons palm giver or take. Took it home for i think $20 bucks and sat down with my normal beam scales and my powder throw and started messing around with it. Come to find out that the same scales that pot heads use for the good stuff has a mesurmant for grains. Tested it and checked it with my zeroed lee scales and it hit the mark acuratly every time. Of corse i double check it every 10 rounds or so just to make sure but I have never had an issue with it being off. Hope that helps some people save some cash its modle number usn-500 500gx0.1g Just couldnt see spending $80+ on powder scales.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine had the same trouble several years ago. I visited him and turned off his celing fan . . .

I, too, suspect your scale 2 or 3 grains is a whole bunch. CB

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the primer that failed, if you are handling the primers there is a good chance that you are contaminating them with the oil from your fingers. I dump the primers into a priming tool and never touch them if I can help it. Blitzfike

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lee recommends dipping the dippers in water and dishsoap, then letting them dry without rinsing. That should take care of static in the dippers. You could do the same with the powder hopper.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you run a hopper full of powder through the measure before you used it? The manual recommends doing that to coat the interior parts and fight static buildup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom