2nd sunday at H&H?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Me and a friend are trying to get into the shooting scene at H&H. I was told to be there a while before 6pm on the 2nd sunday for IPSC, also to talk to Mike or Shannon??
I was hoping maybe one off ya'll who know me, or not, would help us get to know the matches up there. I have a few questions including my gear, and what kinda matches to expect.

I'm sure alot of yall shoot up there, but since we dont have OSA shirts or a glowing okshooters.com beacons floating above us...we're pretty unrecogonizable...lol.

Either way, we will be there EVERY 2nd sunday from now on, so expect to see me. Thanks for listening (and or helping).

-Wes

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I may be using a revolver. Here's my question, it is a 3" 686 +. 7 shot cylinder.
Can I run a full cylinder or does it need to be only 6 at a time. (If so, can I just load it full and count to 6 or not?) I don't want to waste time setting my cylinder past two empty holes EVERY reload.

I have another option as far as firearms go, but I REALLY want to get better with a wheel gun.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hey, this is Mike. Shannon and I run the match. You can load your 7 shot revolver all the way up but can only shoot 6 rounds before reloading to shoot in the revolver division. If you shoot more than 6, you'll be in the Open division. A good place to start is go to www.uspsa.org and read up some on the rules. We can answer any questions at the match and will have a briefing for new shooters before the match starts. The main thing is bring the gun you want to shoot, a safe holster, and about 100 rds of ammo. Just plan to be safe and have a good time. Sweating anything else before you're first match is not necessary. Plenty of people are more than willing to help out and get you going into this addiction we call competitive shooting.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're more than welcome to shoot your 7 shooter in production loaded to capacity or in revo but only firing 6 out of 7 rounds.

The match in February will be all classifiers so expect a lot of shorter courses which USPSA uses to hand out rankings to its members. Not quite as run and gun as normal, classifiers tend to be more stand and shoot affairs. I's still fun though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom