3 dead plus shooter in "racially motivated" attack at Jax, FL Dollar General store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally the media should only put out about a three sentence blurb on these shootings buried on page six. Something like this:

"A gunman opened fire at the xxx mall today and several people were hit. Police responded and neutralized the threat."

That's literally what should be reported. The general public at large just doesn't have a need to know about this stuff (except for VERY locally AND if it's still ongoing). But the media just loves to run every little detail which they don't even know, so they just have to speculate on it. It sells copy, clicks, views, etc. so the more people that are affected, both good and bad, the better it is for them. $$$

And then they get a bonus of spinning it for political purposes. They don't care that what they do inspires others to copycat. They don't care that their activities actually consume LEO resources, they will send all the satellite trucks, regardless. IOW, the media just doesn't care that they are part of the problem.
Ummmm, No! The media's job is to report facts and an accurate portrayal of what happened. Not put out a sentence or two of basic inforomation and leave it at that. You seem to want the media to censure info the public has a right to hear. It's not the medias job to censure the news. Unfortunately, this has happened more and more the last decade. Report the facts of the news with nothign else. No opinion, no comentary, jsut the news. Withholding news for wahtever reason just as bad.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We so badly want to believe that the media, the secret government handlers, the dark web, our mothers in law, everyone is against us. If the Memphis police did release the manifesto, many would be,ieve there was more that they didn’t believe.

There may be actual reasons that it hasn’t been released or maybe it was and the Memphis press saw that it was nothing. Either way, many will dis-believe. That’s our new normal.
Unfortunately we have enough irrefutable facts to prove the first part. As for the second, maybe, maybe not but the government shouldn’t be allowed to decide for us.

It wasn’t released, period. Had it been released, an independent outlet or journalist would’ve published it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you are right. We really do need to read the ramblings of a transgender individual, and not just any transgender but one who is about to go on a killing spree.

We will learn so much valuable information.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you are right. We really do need to read the ramblings of a transgender individual, and not just any transgender but one who is about to go on a killing spree.

We will learn so much valuable information.
Well I know I’m right. LOL

Again, it’s not about the killer. It’s about the message the government and media are trying to send. I haven’t read a single manifesto and I’m not about to start now, but I have the right to decide that, not the government or media. Agreed? :anyone:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well I know I’m right. LOL

Again, it’s not about the killer. It’s about the message the government and media are trying to send. I haven’t read a single manifesto and I’m not about to start now, but I have the right to decide that, not the government or media. Agreed? :anyone:
No, your government will let you know what you need to know. 😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom