3-Year old shoots himself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering it was a 3 year old, I'm betting probably not a DAO; too much trigger. I would guess something chambered and cocked, and either safety off or the kid was able to flip the safety. Or even a small revolver with an exposed hammer. Kid uses both thumbs to cock the hammer and ends up with a hair trigger.

I'm sitting here fiddling with my H&K USP Compact (verified empty). Trigger is long and heavy in DA mode, but when cocked the manual safety is very light, and with no 1911 style grip safety... very plausible.

I was thinking glock, a 1911, just as an example, to pull the hammer back is about as much as a dao trigger pull IMO. Then he'd have to disengage the safety on the back..

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well then the idiot could leave her weapon in the vehicle and take her KID inside with her.

Seriously guys, there is no valid excuse for the extreme stupidity proven by this woman.

Not trying to make excuses, and it wasn't HER gun. It was HIS. But I can see this circumstance happening.. It's not like they left it on the seat.. I mean the kid got outta his seat and went under the seat to get it. So u could say if the mother had taught him to listen better this wouldn't of happened. Yes, it was neglect by the parents. But more accidental instead of intentional. They took all the measures they thought safe. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

R

RedRiverRifleman

I think it was a failure on the parents behalf for not taking the child with them inside. He did the right thing by leaving it in the car. The child, at least when I was raised, when your dad/mom says to not touch it, you don't touch it. As a kid, I'd rather NOT get smacked in the back of the head.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was a failure on the parents behalf for not taking the child with them inside. He did the right thing by leaving it in the car. The child, at least when I was raised, when your dad/mom says to not touch it, you don't touch it. As a kid, I'd rather NOT get smacked in the back of the head.

This is a three year old though, not an 8 year old or a 10 year old.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who the Hell leaves their three year old alone in a car, gun or not?

Whether she does any time or not, the rest of her life is over.

Thats what gets me. I have a 2 year old and I would NEVER consider leaving her in my truck alone. I will barely even run back inside my house to get something if she is in the truck in the garage. I sure as hell wouldn't leave a firearm in their with her either!!! Everyone seems to forget there was also an 8 MONTH OLD BABY LEFT ALONE IN THE CAR. Prosecute them both. I just don't get people.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to make excuses, and it wasn't HER gun. It was HIS. But I can see this circumstance happening.. It's not like they left it on the seat.. I mean the kid got outta his seat and went under the seat to get it. So u could say if the mother had taught him to listen better this wouldn't of happened. Yes, it was neglect by the parents. But more accidental instead of intentional. They took all the measures they thought safe. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

I do not believe that their measures were reasonable in my ever humble opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom