3-Year old shoots himself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did she have a CCL? If not, then why did he leave a loaded gun with her in the car?

Not sure. I though Washington allowed loaded weapons in cars without a CCL? I would have to look it up to see. Either way, as an adult, she was the last one responsible, CCL or not. May not be completely legal, but the responsible adult thing to do would not be to leave a 3 year and an 8 month old in the car unattended, weapon or not.

WA allows legal open carry. So he or she could have just strapped up and walked on in the store.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a shame, another child whose parent didn't have any foresight or a safety conscience.
A tragic loss.

I suspect the court will sort it out.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also believe that if we fail to hold people to account for their failures in this regard, we leave the door open (and perhaps encourage the idea) for the blame to be shifted upon "the gun".

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the boyfriend "showing" the 3 yr old the gun in the past? If he did not know that guns are deadly weapons--and not toys to show a curious 3 yr old--I am sure he, tragically, knows it now. What a shame a child died because of the immaturity of the adults charged with his care.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Education is key. I have been teaching my son about firearms saftey since he could comprehend. (about 2 1/2yrs old)

I typically do not let my son be around during a transfer, however, sometimes he is present.

With that said, he has been known on a few occasions to ask my customers to please take their finger off of the trigger,

Also he ducks if he is covered, and then the little guy goes ape shi+ afterwards.

I do not say "Son, it's ok, it's not loaded" He will tell me that that does not matter. .

-----------------------------------

Prayers go out to the mother, and family. Mom has to live with her mistake for the rest of her life.

There is no punishment authorities can issue that will come close to the pain her soul will bear forever.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WA allows legal open carry. So he or she could have just strapped up and walked on in the store.

What if the store posted a no firearms allowed policy?

So, what do you all think the gun was? A Kimber carry of some sort? Or a Glock? I'm thinking a gun without a lotta safety features.

On second thought, prob not a 1911 style gun.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what do you all think the gun was? A Kimber carry of some sort? Or a Glock? I'm thinking a gun without a lotta safety features.

On second thought, prob not a 1911 style gun.

Considering it was a 3 year old, I'm betting probably not a DAO; too much trigger. I would guess something chambered and cocked, and either safety off or the kid was able to flip the safety. Or even a small revolver with an exposed hammer. Kid uses both thumbs to cock the hammer and ends up with a hair trigger.

I'm sitting here fiddling with my H&K USP Compact (verified empty). Trigger is long and heavy in DA mode, but when cocked the manual safety is very light, and with no 1911 style grip safety... very plausible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom