300 Weatherby Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great long range hunting round. Large amount of powder. Stock up on federal 215 primers. Best I've used in all my larger magnums.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be nice to know twist and freebore. That will tell which weight bullet and seating depth (dependent on mag length).

Yeah I own several weatherbys and they are tricky. All of mine are mark v and have lots of free bore. (Impossible to seat a bullet to the lands) they take some tinkering. I've found that seating a bullet long but still functional in the internal mag works great in mine. I don't own a vanguard but have been told free bore isn't as much in those compared to a mark v. Which actually makes sense since they aren't actually made by weatherby (howa makes them in japan) the theory behind the "jump" is a gain in velocity. It's said it was also included by Roy so he could push light bullets really fast and avoid pressure spikes he had encountered before he finally found a good action design in the mark five (his fifth prototype action) I had a remington 700 ls in .257 once and it didn't have near the free bore of my German .257 still regret selling that 700.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom