.357 SIG -- A Solution in Search of a Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
exactly;

In conclusion, I seem to feel that it appears that these folks that wrote this article are total goons; and are more than likely firearm posers and wannabes.

I would suggest that readers of this and their other articles keep in mind the old adage about opinions and orifices.

Classic. :clap3:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like this horse isn't dead after all. :P

I'm just looking at the big picture instead of ballistic gel or cavitation theories.

If a major police department switched from .40s&w to .357sig, or vice versa, would there be any significant statistical difference?

I don't think so.

Now if one of you gentlemen can convince me otherwise, and I'm openminded on this subject, I will be glad.

I'm looking to buy a new glock and you just might sway me.

No need to buy another glock if you have a .40. Spend $100 on a barrel and some mags and switch to whatever caliber you want.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a design question not a calibers wars question. All designs have their strengths and weaknesses and this would be the primary consideration for this caliber. This site is a very good site the material maybe from 2002 but the .357 sig hasn't been out that long.

Honest question now go see what you can find to help all of us out. Even actual steet shootings would be of real benfit more than anything. A forum for this type of stuff would be great where you could add on as new developments in a cartride are achived.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like this horse isn't dead after all. :P

I'm just looking at the big picture instead of ballistic gel or cavitation theories.

If a major police department switched from .40s&w to .357sig, or vice versa, would there be any significant statistical difference?

I don't think so.

Now if one of you gentlemen can convince me otherwise, and I'm openminded on this subject, I will be glad.

I'm looking to buy a new glock and you just might sway me.
I'll give you my opinion. Go with the Glock Fotie. Pick your own poison beyond the caliber. Why? Because ammo's cheaper, more readily available, and a lot easier to reload.

But in regards to that article did those turds ever hear of the .357 magnum? 357 Sig is supposed to duplicate the performance of the 125 grain JHP load that was carried by literally millions of LEO's for what, three decades?!
/huge sarcasm mode = on here. It had a fairly decent reputation at doing all the things that those turds say the .357 Sig won't. /sarcasm=off.

But I'd buy which ever you have a mind to. Either caliber is a winner. :twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom